Now, there are only more than 60 days left until July 16 stipulated by Amazon. Sellers who have not yet registered for Odai Ying should hurry up to avoid operating losses due to platform spot checks.
In addition, as the effective date of the regulations is approaching, there may be push registration in the later period. In order not to affect the registration time limit, it is recommended that sellers make arrangements in advance as much as possible.
After July 16, 2021, if a seller sells a CE-marked product in the EU but does not display the information of the EU compliance officer, the product will be considered illegal and the product link will be forcibly removed. If you still try to ship to the EU, you may face the following scenarios:
1. If the goods bearing the CE mark are exported to the EU customs, the EU customs will find that there is no EU representative information, and the goods will be detained;
2. If the platform sends an email requesting to provide the Odai information and cannot provide it, the product will be directly removed from the shelf;
3. Sellers who have not provided the information of Odai and Yingdai on July 16 will face the prohibition of entering the warehouse or moving the warehouse.
How can I tell if I need to register?
1. European generation is required for sales in the European EEA (including EU and EFTA), and British generation is required for sales in the UK;
2. The products sold are within the scope of CE and UKCA certification;
3. European generation – the manufacturer of goods is outside the EU; British generation – the manufacturer of goods is outside the UK.
Some sellers have also encountered that their own products are not CE marked, and they have also received emails that need to unlock the Odai information, etc. Unitest recommends that for the sake of insurance, it is better to find an Odai.
Responsibilities of the EU Authorised Representative:
1. As the authorized representative designated by the manufacturer, responsible for contacting the regulatory agencies of various countries within the EU, and providing assistance for product accident reporting, notification, recall, etc. through its EU authorized representative/EU authorized agent;
2. Retain the manufacturer's technical key, and contact the manufacturer, reply and communicate when the regulatory agency raises questions;
3. On the packaging, labels and instruction manuals of products imported from outside the EU, the name and address of the EU authorized representative/EU authorized agent of the manufacturer are printed.
If you need to apply for related products, you can consult the excellent resistance test!