It is not difficult to find that some well-known domestic e-commerce platforms, including JD.com and Taobao, have many price protection policies. This policy is also deeply loved by consumers. So, does Amazon have a price protection policy? Next, we will introduce Amazon's price protection policy and how to apply for price protection.
1. Amazon Price Protection
First, Amazon has price protection. Amazon's price protection is mainly aimed at operators-to prevent excessive fluctuations in operator prices. For example, if you find out that the price of the clothes you just bought has been reduced before you receive it, it is useless to contact customer service. If the platform can have relevant policies, it will be more sticky to consumers. From the perspective of consumers, this is also a caring policy. They don’t have to bear the risk of “buying a loss” and can buy products with confidence.
2. How to apply for price protection?
You can refer to the following steps:
1. Click the word "help" on the top of the Amazon homepage to enter the help interface, and then click Contact Us;
2. Log in to your Amazon account, the page will pop up the latest order information, and then click to select the order that needs to apply for price protection;
3. Choose the reason;
4. Click chat to start chatting with customer service. This step requires the applicant to have certain English communication skills, because online communication is often the fastest solution. Try to choose this way to communicate with the customer service in English to solve the problem, or use Chinese and English, the customer service can basically understand;
5. During the chat process, we need to conduct a price difference compensation dialogue, provide the name information of the original product, the purchase price of the original product, and the latest updated price. The customer service will make price compensation based on these three pieces of information.
The latest price protection policy is automatically operated by the system, and suppliers do not need to log in to Vendor Central to manually approve the price protection agreement, which is more efficient and convenient. Amazon’s price protection reduces the return rate to a certain extent. Retail items may also be featured on detail pages. Therefore, goods with price protection are more popular with consumers than goods without price protection. Enterprises using price protection should not change the price of goods at will, so everyone must think carefully before setting product prices to avoid unnecessary influence. .
Although Amazon's price protection policy is not aimed at buyers, it is more beneficial to sellers, who can better control their product costs and thus improve the competitiveness of their stores. With the push of a button, shoppers can instantly purchase a product and have it shipped home. However, according to a German court, the devices did not provide enough information about the purchased product or its price, which violated the German Consumer Protection Act, which states that shoppers have the right to know the price they paid when making a purchase.
(The content of this article is organized based on online data. For the purpose of conveying more information, it does not mean that QuanExpress agrees with its views and positions)