What does Amazon CPC certification mean? Introduction to CPC certification in the United States
Children's Product Certificate (CPC) is a certificate issued by a third-party laboratory authorized by CPSC after testing products in accordance with regulations and based on test data.
Applicable to all products that are mainly targeted at children 12 years old and below, such as toys, cradles, children's clothing, etc. If it is produced locally in the United States, the manufacturer is responsible for providing it, and if it is produced in other countries, the importer is responsible for providing it.
CPC stands for Consumer Product Council. The Commission has lead requirements for all children's products, as well as other more product-specific requirements for components and labels, unless you or the materials you use meet certain requirements, such as those specified in regulations and those specified by low-volume manufacturers. Conduct third-party testing. CPSIA is an act that gives the U.S. Consumer Product Commission more regulatory and enforcement tools and adds several regulations
I will answer what you want to know. Feng R: 137-5116-9487 Same as V
Information to be included in the CPC certificate:
① Product information (name and description);
②All laws and regulations applicable to the product;
③ Manufacturer information: including name, address and telephone;
④Product production date and address, the production date must be in the year and month, and the address must be in the city;
⑤ Detection time and address;
⑥ Information of third-party testing institutions (CPSC-approved laboratories): name, address, contact number.
CPC certificate notes:
1. The CPC certificate must be based on the test results of a third-party testing laboratory accredited by CPSC.
2. Children's products must comply with relevant rules and safety regulations, and undergo mandatory third-party testing.
3. Based on the third-party test results, the test report must be issued in English with the assistance of a third-party laboratory.
4. Children's products must comply with all applicable rules or regulations.
CPC Certification Test Type:
1. Initial test: The first test of the product.
2. Material change test: If there is a change in the material, test it.
3. Periodic test: As a supplement to the material change test, if there is continuous production, no material change must be performed at least once a year.
4. Component testing: In general, the finished product is tested, and in some specific cases, all components can be tested to prove the compliance of the final product.
5. Children's Product Certificate The children's product certificate can only be tested by an accredited third-party testing laboratory, and the certificate is issued based on the test report.
Common test items for CPC certified toys:
③16 CFR Part 1501 small parts (for toys have been covered by ASTMF963);
④16 CFR Part 1510 requirements for rattle toys (only required for rattle toys, which have been covered by ASTMF963);
⑤16 CFR Part 1505 Safety Standard for Electric Toys (required only for electric toys) Children's clothing:
a. CPSIA total lead + phthalates.
At present , when children-related product categories are launched on Amazon's US site, including toys, baby products, etc., they will be required to issue a CPC certificate, otherwise they will not be sold.