When uploading products, sellers need to provide GTIN global trade item code, which is the most commonly used UPC code. Each UPC code is different. The digital information in the UPC code represents the product category, manufacturer, attributes, etc., which is equivalent to the product's ID card. Each Amazon UPC code is unique. When uploading products, most products are one item that sellers need to fill in.
How to get UPC?
1. Official channels
One channel is the official designated distributor Barcodestalk, and the other channel is the GS1 official website. Sellers can choose the appropriate channel according to their own situation.
2. UPC code generator
There are also many UPC code generators on the market. The UPC code obtained in this way has a higher risk, because this kind of generator generally does not have a certificate, and the probability of repeatedly generating a UPC code is relatively high.
3. Purchase from third-party channels
Third-party channels are the source of UPC for the vast majority of Amazon sellers. But with Amazon’s official crackdown, UPC codes purchased through this channel are prone to system errors when uploading products.
4. Application code exemption
In order to avoid the situation where the listing cannot be uploaded due to the acquisition or purchase of a fake UPC, the best way is to do a good job in brand registration and apply for GTIN exemption in the Amazon background.
5. Operation steps for UPC exemption:
(1) In the background of the Amazon platform, enter "Code Exemption" in the search box on the "Help" page, and the "Commodity Code Exemption" logo appears, click to enter.
(2) Find the button "Apply for GTC exemption" in the information column of "How to Publish No Commodity Code (UPC, EANJAN, ISBN)" and click it to enter the exemption application page.
Finally, the main concern as an Amazon seller is to keep the barcode in a visible and scannable place. Make sure there is enough white space around the barcode for scanning. Make sure the barcode is printed clearly, the correct size, and matches the information in the GS1 database.
Article source: XM foreign exchange trading platform