Recently, the Amazon North America station asked to be a customer friend of the Amazon US station: for the sale of products with wireless functions (with Bluetooth and WIFI functions), starting from March 7, 2022, products without FCC ID certification will be removed from the shelves. During this process, many customers have doubts, whether my product needs to be FCC ID or FCC SODC
Detailed consultation: 151-3562-9064 Same as V
First of all, we must first understand what is FCC ID and FCC SODC? What is the difference between FCC ID and FCC SODC? ,
FCC ID is a certification for wireless products:
1. The standard is different; the standard used is Prta15C
2. Different certification methods; products with wireless, test EMC+RF
3. The registration methods are different; when applying for the FCC ID for the first time, you need to register the GC number on the official website of the TCB in the United States, and then the test results can be uploaded into the certification mode.
4. For different products: mainly for products with wireless functions such as Bluetooth, WIFI, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, etc.,
5. Fees are different; when the FCC ID is applied for the first time, the GC number registration fee is 100 US dollars, and the test fee varies according to different modules. The Bluetooth single-mode fee plus the GC number registration fee generally ranges from 8-12K. Test Lab Charges
6. Inquiry method: US TCB official website
7. The cycle is different, the FCC ID cycle is usually completed within 10-15 working days
8. The required materials are different: need: circuit schematic diagram, English block diagram, silk screen diagram, English manual, fixed-frequency fixed-frequency software…etc., 3 samples, one of which is a fixed-frequency machine, and the other two normal machine
FCC SDOC: Ordinary product (without wireless)
1. Different standards: Prta15
2. Test EMC for common products (without wireless function).
3. FCC SDOC does not need to be registered, as long as the laboratory is authorized by the US A2AL qualification, the certificate can be issued;
4. All products without wireless modules, such as: lamps, small household appliances, IT, AV, mechanical products… all only need to do FCC SDOC certification;
5. The cost is different, because there is no need for GC number registration, and the wireless test part is missing. The price of A2AL qualified laboratory generally ranges from 2-3K, depending on the charging standard of the cooperative laboratory (there are also ultra-low prices for several hundred yuan in the market. , usually done in a self-declared mode, sometimes mid-to-high-end customers do not recognize the results of self-declaration)
6. Inquiry method, FCC SDOC can be inquired on the official website where the certificate is issued, there is no unified inquiry website
7. The cycle is different, the FCC SDOC cycle can be completed within 5 working days
8. Required information: application form, a set of samples is enough
1. The FCC ID wireless certification in the United States only controls the transmitter module, and the receiver module is not assessed. That is to say, your product only has the receiver module, and you can choose to do FCC SDOC. According to the current policy
2. After the GC registration number is registered, the FCC ID certificate applied by the company that registered the GC number in the later period can be queried in one GC number.That is, a company's GC number only needs to be registered once.
3. Compulsory certification in the United States is FCC certification. The United States only controls battery compatibility. In principle, products only need to do FCC SDOC to enter the American market (but to enter large supermarkets, Wal-Mart, etc. need UL or ETL certification)