Policies on safety belts
The United States is one of the largest markets for fall protection products in the world. The American National Standards Institute has promulgated the ANSI Z359 standard series to ensure the safety of special-purpose products such as fall protection and rescue sold in the market.
Therefore, Amazon requires that the anti-fall safety belts listed on its shelves must pass the /ASSE Z359 safety standard, and submit a test report and corresponding information to Amazon.
Commodity regulations/standard requirements
Fall Safety Belts (Non-Full Body) /ASSE Z359 – Fall Protection and Fall Arrest Devices
Fall arrest harness (full body type) /ASSE Z359.11-2014 – Safety requirements for full body fall arrest harness
ASSE Z359.11:2014 – "Safety Requirements for Full Body Seat Belts" provides requirements for the performance, design, marking, qualification, description, training, test methods, inspection, use, maintenance and decommissioning of full body harnesses. These can be used for full braking, positioning, travel restriction, suspension and/or rescue applications for users in the 130 lb to 310 lb (59 kg to 140 kg) capacity range.
A full body fall arrest harness is a body immobilization device that prevents injury by distributing the forces of a fall over a large area of the body. These items ensure that the person involved in the fall is suspended in an upright position after the fall. Full body fall arrest harnesses are designed to minimize the risk of injury from hanging.
Information to be submitted on Amazon:
1. Your company name (if applicable) and seller number;
2. Your contact information: email address and telephone number;
3. A list of all fall arrest harnesses that you have published;
4. All product pictures of anti-fall safety belts that you have published. Images must contain all of the following relevant information:
1) safety information;
2) Compliance mark;
3) Commodity hazard warning.
5. All product descriptions and/or manuals for all fall arrest harnesses that you publish;
6. A test report issued by an ILAC ISO 17025 accredited laboratory confirming that each item has passed the test and complies with the above regulations/standards.
If you do not provide the required information by the applicable deadline, Amazon may:
1. Delete the relevant product information;
2. Suspend your permission to add new products and/or post products;
3. Withhold any money due to you;
4. File a lawsuit.
Amazon reserves the right to take any further action that may be necessary in its sole discretion.
The American National Standards Institute/ASSE Z359 fall protection standards include:
1. American National Standards Institute/ASSP Z359.1-2020 – Specification for Fall Protection;
2. American National Standards Institute/ASSE Z359.2-2017 – Minimum Requirements for Integrated Management of Fall Protection Programs;
3. /ASSP Z359.3-2019 – Safety requirements for positioning and travel restraint systems;
4. /ASSE Z359.4-2013 – Safety requirements for auxiliary rescue and self-rescue systems, subsystems and components;
5. /ASSE Z359.6-2016 – Specification and design requirements for active fall protection systems;
6. /ASSP Z359.7-2019 – Identification and verification testing of fall protection products;
7. /ASSE Z359.11-2014 – Safety Requirements for Whole Body Harnesses;
8. American National Standards Institute/ASSP Z359.12-2019 – Connecting components for personal fall arrest systems;
9. American National Standards Institute/ASSE Z359.13-2013 – Personal Energy Absorbers and Energy Absorbing Lanyards;
10. American National Standards Institute/ASSE Z359.14-2014 – Safety requirements for automatic retractable devices for personal fall arrest and rescue systems;
11. American National Standards Institute/ASSE Z359.15-2014 – Safety requirements for single-anchor lifelines and fall arresters for personal fall arrest and rescue systems;
12. American National Standards Institute/ASSE Z359.16-2016 – Safety Requirements for Ladder Fall Prevention Systems;
13. American National Standards Institute/ASSE Z359.18-2017 – Safety Requirements for Anchor Connectors for Active Fall Protection Systems – Part of the Fall Protection Specification;
14. /ASSE A10.32-2012 – Personal fall protection for use in construction and demolition operations;
15. /ASSE A10.18-2007 (R2012) – Safety requirements for temporary roof and floor holes, wall openings, stairs and other unprotected edges in construction and demolition operations;
16. /ASSE A 1264.1-2017—Safety requirements for workplace walking/work surfaces and their access; workplaces, floor, wall and roof openings; stairs and guardrail/handrail systems.
Shenzhen Safety Inspection Technology Co., Ltd. reminds you:
The following information on the tested product must be provided prior to testing: packaging, compliance markings, warning labels and age rating (if applicable). The sent sample tested must match the item displayed on the detail page.