1. What is a bundled product?
Bundles are 2-5 items in a seller's catalog , usually discounted as a group. These items are not packaged together, but sold together. Bundles allow buyers to purchase products that work well together, making it easier to discover and buy more from a seller's brand catalog. This allows brand owners to offer bundled products without having to pack the products together or change the FBA inbound inventory.
2. Seller Qualifications
This feature is only available to branded sellers. This seller must be a brand insider and responsible for selling the brand's products on the Amazon store. If a seller cannot use this feature, the seller is not yet a brand owner. Please visit the Brand Offers Eligibility page to confirm that you are a brand owner and gain access to " Virtual Bundles " and other exclusive brand offers.
To be eligible for a virtual bundle, please meet the following requirements:
The ASIN must belong to a brand you own and be registered with Amazon Brand Registry.
ASINs must have active FBA inventory in " New " condition.
The following items may not be included in virtual bundles: gift cards, electronically delivered items such as digital music, videos, and books, and refurbished / used ASINs .
Bundles can only be created in the US Amazon store.
4. Number of ASINs
Bundles must contain 2 to 5 ASINs . The ASIN for each component must be separately purchasable. This means that multipacks and " multi-box " products (ie, single ASINs that are shipped in multiple cases ) cannot be created using this tool.
5. Binding Guide
You might be thinking, what's the basis for my bundling? Consumer data, of course. Bundling here is not about bundling your old asin that doesn't sell or two really good asins together again in one package for sale ! Here are some detailed bundling guidelines from Amazon :
1. Bundles must contain items that are highly complementary (meaning that items within that bundle can support or enhance the use of other items in that bundle, or make it easier for buyers by co-purchasing.)
2. Bundles can consist of items from various brands.
3. Bundles consist of many single items, each of which can be accessed through a unique ASIN / UPC logo and sold as a product. through a single ASIN / UPC -identified prepackaged components or packages containing multiple items are not considered a bundle.
4. The bundle must have a standard product identifier, or the manufacturer's part number. The identifier of any product in a bundle cannot be used as the identifier of the bundle. In a bundle, using a product's UPC to determine the entire bundle will cause a listing to be removed immediately. It is the seller's responsibility to obtain a UPC for each bundle created .
5. If a bundle of more than one product is sold, a unique UPC must be purchased for that bundle . Each branded product in this bundle has its own unique UPC , but there is no way to use them when creating listings.
6. Advantages and disadvantages
While bundling has many benefits, sellers should consider its pros and cons before starting a sale.
1. Promote sales and increase profits
Product bundling can help increase sales and profits for each product, as well as reduce the cost of goods sold, thereby increasing profit margins. Because the price of bundled products is relatively cheaper than the price of individual products, it is easy to attract buyers to buy. Secondly, some buyers may have multiple product needs when purchasing products, and your product package satisfies them. Most or all of your needs, which is convenient for buyers, helps to facilitate the ordering of your products, and saves on shipping costs for your products.
2. Acquire a wider range of customers When sellers sell bundled products, they acquire a wider range of customers , such as those looking for deals, those looking for convenience, or those looking for complementary products .
3. One of the strategies that is conducive to promoting new products and releasing new products is to bundle them with best-selling products for sale. This is not only equivalent to a wave of advertisements for new products, attracting traffic, but also conducive to increasing the ordering of new products. Conversion rate.
4. It is helpful to clear the inventory. If the seller needs to clear some products, then it is also a good way to use bundled sales. Sometimes, the buyer cannot know whether the products in the bundle he bought are all popular products, and the seller You can use this point to combine unpopular items with hot-selling products to make it easier to sell them faster, to deal with high long-term storage fees and FBA fees .
5. Not easy to be hijacked Creating your own bundled product branding with custom packaging can prevent other sellers from selling on your listings. Because Amazon stipulates that the same product is the same as the seller, in the case of bundled product sales, it is difficult for the seller to be exactly the same as the seller's product, the competition will naturally decrease, and the seller can focus on their own product sales with peace of mind.
1. Compared with general wholesale resale, there is a lot of work to do, need to find auxiliary products, make custom packaging, buy UPC , etc.
2. There is no guarantee that buyers will be willing to accept these products.
3. Having to get reviews on a new product listing, instead of taking advantage of the sale listing for one of the products, can open several wholesale accounts with different brands to create the bundle you want.
4. Many brands do not allow sellers to resell products on Amazon. Sellers want to be approved under wholesale orders.
5. Most brands / wholesalers will require sellers to hold a state resale certificate and / or business license.
7. Other questions about virtual bundled sales
Currently, bundled items cannot be items in a variation family.
2. Promotions, coupons and A+ product descriptions
Bundles must meet all standard criteria to be eligible for the promotion. Note that adding a bundle discount will not affect the price history of its component ASINs or their eligibility to participate in the promotion. Bundles can use coupons and A+ product descriptions.
3. Advertising bundled products can use brand promotion. However, currently, Sponsored Products cannot be used.
4. Comments and ratings Review and rate the ASINs of the bundled products and the ASINs of the components in the bundled products separately.