Co-selling, for some sellers, is a shortcut to making money. If you are a little careless, you will step on the red line and face the risk of restricting sales and closing stores. It is not a long-term solution.
At the same time, the sellers who were hijacked were "snatched" a large number of orders by their peers, and they were deeply disturbed.
When Listing is hijacked, how should it be handled in compliance to avoid the risk of order being robbed?
What is hijacking?
Co-selling refers to the same or similar products, sharing a listing and sharing a details page, which is a sales method recognized by the Amazon platform.
1. There are three common forms of hijacking:
Midnight co-sell: Take advantage of the listing owner's rest time, such as the middle of the night, to secretly co-sell and seize the shopping cart.
Cross-site hijacking: It is difficult to successfully complain about cross-site hijacking on a site that has not opened its own business.
Gapless co-selling: 24-hour co-selling without gaps, generally professional sellers who do co-selling.
2. Reasons why hijacking can be recognized by the platform
(1) Improve buyer experience
As we all know, Amazon "focuses on products, not stores". Using the method of hijacking, the Listing displayed on the buyer's search result page will not appear too many of the same product of the same brand.
When buyers choose, they will not be disturbed by too much complicated information, and the experience will be better.
(2) Expand the advantages of the platform
In the case of hijacking that is reasonable, sellers have to take measures to improve their competitive advantage in order to obtain more orders and opportunities for exposure, such as price reductions.
In this way, the product price of the platform will be more attractive to consumers under the general environment, and the advantages of the platform will be further expanded.
(3) Few popular works
The original intention of Amazon to set up "co-selling" is to encourage sellers to build their own brands, pay attention to refined brand operations, and create more advantageous and unique products.
Hijacking rules and risks
Sellers who operate, make products and listings with heart, but fail to do a good job in brand registration, have been "robbed" of a large number of orders, and even lost their golden shopping carts. Word.
The seller must comply with the following requirements, otherwise the seller or buyer will complain:
1) The product and the product of the seller must be exactly the same, including brand, appearance, function, scale, etc.
2) It needs to be done without infringement.
Everything has two sides. If the seller violates the above requirements and steps on Amazon's red line, if they are complained, or the platform finds out, it will lead to the risk of the store being banned, the product being forced to be taken off the shelf, and the balance being frozen.
How to deal with being hijacked?
Competition and hijacking are inevitable. When Amazon sellers encounter malicious hijacking, in order to avoid the expansion of losses, they must take measures, adapt to the situation, and solve the problems. What should be done?
1. Find out in time
If you don’t keep an eye on the listing, you encounter hijacking but don’t notice it. By the time you find out, you will have incurred losses.
However, most sellers operate multiple sites and products, and it is not advisable to monitor all ASINs manually, which will take up a lot of operational resources.
At this time, monitoring and selling with the help of external forces is the best choice.
Linkstar ERP supports hijacking monitoring. Sellers can add ASINs to be monitored, and monitor the hijacking status of each site and product in real time. The name and number of stores participating in hijacking can be seen at a glance. Sellers can quickly detect malicious hijacking and respond in a timely manner.
2. Warning reminder
Whether your product has Brand Registry 2.0 or not, as long as you are the owner of the brand and product, you can send a warning letter.
The attitude of the warning letter is suggested to be polite, but also serious, explaining the consequences of not canceling the hijacking sale in time with the seller, and the next step.
This method can repel some follow-up sellers, and generally cancel the follow-up sale within 1 day after seeing the news. But there are some daring ones who may break the jar, and are not afraid of it.
Reference of warning letter (the names of "seller" and "our party" can be modified and used directly):
3. Submit a complaint
(1) Conventional complaint methods
Amazon has a dedicated channel for sellers to protect their rights. If the seller violates intellectual property rights, such as abusing copyrights or stealing trademarks, brand owners can complain through this channel.
The platform staff, after receiving the complaint, will deal with it in a timely manner and punish the infringing seller.
Complaint address (recommended collection):
Complaint steps are as follows:
Step 1: Enter the complaint address, select your identity "Rignt Owner", select "Tragemark concerns", and select "A product detail page is unlawfully my trademark".
Step 2: Fill in the infringed brand name and trademark number truthfully.
Step 3: Enter the listing link or ASIN to be sold with, click search, the details of the listing will appear below, and then select the store to be sold. Do not check your own store. Be sure to check "Specific Seller", otherwise the listing will be removed from the platform.
Step 4: Fill in the store and your personal information truthfully to ensure that it is true and valid.
Step 5: Fill in your own email address and name, which will be displayed in the email address sent by Amazon to the hijacker. Finally, submit the complaint information successfully.
(2) Brand protection methods
If your product has completed the brand registration 2.0, and when creating a listing, the brand name filled in is the same as the registration name, you can take brand protection.
Complaint address (recommended collection):
Complaint steps are as follows:
Step 1: Click on the complaint address to enter Amazon's trademark filing page.
Step 2: Fill in the address of the listing, click to display the quotation, and after the information about yourself and the co-seller appears, check the co-selling store instead of your own store.
Step 3: Select the complaint type, generally choose "Trademark infringement – A product is couterfeit", which is trademark infringement.
Step 4: Fill in the information as required, including brand name, trademark, etc., and a description of the problem (generally fill in the infringer’s behavior, which may bring negative impact to consumers)
Step 5: Fill in the contact information of the brand recorder and the store email address to successfully submit the complaint information.
(3) Test Buy
If your product does not have a brand record, you can buy and sell the listed product, and study the difference between the product and the listed products.
Organize the difference points into detailed information, and feed back the information and events to Amazon, i.e. Test Buy.
The email address is: seller-performance@
After Amazon sees a well-founded proof, it will remove the hijacking and punish the violating sellers depending on the serious situation. If the platform does not respond after sending the email, you can borrow some buyer accounts and repeat the above steps.
How to prevent hijacking in advance?
1. Complete the Amazon Brand Registry
Completing the Amazon brand registration will not only make sales on the platform smoother, but sellers with an R mark can complain about infringement by the hijacker when they encounter hijacking, which is easier to deal with.
To apply for Amazon Brand Registry, the following documents are required:
1) The official website of the brand in English
2) Trademark certificate, application receipt or registration certificate
3) Real shots of products with brand logos
4) Real shot of the outer packaging with the brand logo
The application process is as follows:
1) In the Amazon backstage, click [Brand Flagship Store] > [Amazon Brand Registration] > [New Brand Registration]. If the store has never done brand registration, it will automatically enter the [Create Account] page and fill in the relevant information as required.
2) Then, click [Register your brand], fill in the brand information, sales account information, distribution information, and then click [Submit]. If you receive the brand registration email and reply to the [verification code] within the specified time, you can complete the application.
2. Join the Amazon Transparency Program
Join Amazon's transparency program, known as Amazon Transparency, and products will be labeled, along with an encrypted 26-bit code.
The buyer can scan the code to identify the relevant information of the product, but not the product of the store, there is no such code, the buyer can use this to identify the product's Shanzheng, which can be used to prevent hijacking.
Its fees are mainly used to purchase encrypted codes, and the selling price is:
1) Single purchase volume ≤ 1 million, unit price is 0.05$
2) 1 million pieces < single purchase volume ≤ 10 million pieces, the unit price is 0.03$
3) A single purchase volume > 10 million, the unit price is 0.01 US dollars
Amazon has the following requirements for sellers applying for the Transparency Program:
1) You are the owner of the brand, and have completed the brand record, with the R mark certificate
2) The product has UPC code
3) You can use the Transparency code on each of your products
3. Join the Amazon Exclusive Selling Program
Joining the Amazon exclusive sales program, namely Amazon Exclusives, sellers will receive platform support for brand sales, including a green channel for reporting hijacking, and delete all hijackings from Listings faster. Joining requires a 5% commission.
Amazon has the following requirements for sellers applying for the Exclusive Selling Program:
1) Excellent account: the account is in good standing, and the order defect rate is ≤1%, the order cancellation rate is ≤2.5%, and the delayed delivery rate is ≤4%
2) You need to register the brand through Amazon Brand Registry and you are the owner of the selling brand
3) Sell products through Amazon FBA
The application process is as follows:
1) Login account:
Enter, log in to your Amazon account, after entering, click the [Request Approach] icon
2) Check the sales channel of the product and the product category of the brand, copy and paste the Listing addresses of the 3 brand products
3) Enter the contact information, including email, phone, company and brand introduction and other information to complete the application. The application generally takes 2 to 4 weeks. If the application is approved, you will be notified by email. If the application is not approved, there will be no notification.
It is the general trend of Amazon to support sellers who make products with heart. In addition, the risk of hijacking is high, and more and more sellers are starting to give up hijacking and devote themselves to refined brand operation.
After all, abiding by platform rules, operating in compliance, cultivating brand lines, and doing a good job in brand filing are the long-term solutions.