Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) is an environmental policy that holds producers accountable for the entire life cycle of the commodities they put on the market, from the beginning of commodity design to the end of the commodity's life cycle (including waste collection and disposal). According to the provisions of the extended producer responsibility regulations, the responsible subject must reduce the impact of its commodities on the environment during the entire commodity life cycle.
Recently, a group of sellers have stopped selling their products in the whole store because their products do not meet the requirements of the German packaging law. Why does Amazon want to stop selling the seller's products in the whole store?
From July 1, 2022, if you sell products in Germany with packaging classification, including primary packaging (ie product packaging) and secondary packaging (ie delivery packaging), Amazon will be obliged to suspend everyone under this EPR product classification Non-compliant products posted. Once your item is subject to enforcement, you will receive a standard notification to let you know that there is a problem with the item.
What if it has been discontinued?
1. Register to obtain the LUCID packaging method registration number
2. Follow the instructions in the mail — go to the repaired product page — view all its affected products — click the "Request Approval" button — enter the Seller Qualification (SQ) login page — Producer Responsibility Extended Compliance Portal — – Provide your registration number to restore affected items.
3. After your registration number is uploaded and verified (expected 5 working days), you still need to re-sell the affected products yourself, and Amazon cannot automatically start the sale of products for you.
How do I restart the sale of affected products?
1. Go to the repair product page
①Select "Inventory" > "Manage Amazon Inventory";
②Click "Search results have been disabled and not available for sale";
③ This will lead you to the repaired product page provided in the email notification, and you can click the "Request Approval" button of the corresponding product;
④You will be directed to the sales application page to check the application status.
Note that you can also go directly to the sales requisition workflow from here: select Catalog > View Sales Requisition.
2. Please also go to the Extended Producer Responsibility Compliance Portal (copy the link below to your browser) , upload the registration number, and wait for verification.
Please note that once the registration number is verified, it will show the following status (active) in the Extended Producer Responsibility Compliance Portal:
3. After the registration number is verified to be valid, you still need to restart the sale of the affected products on your own to complete the product recovery process.
Please refer to the extended producer responsibility help page for guidance on re-sale (copy the link below to jump to the browser: )