What is UL2054?
UL2054 is the UL safety standard for household and commercial batteries published on November 17, 2021. These requirements cover portable primary (non-rechargeable) and secondary (rechargeable) batteries used as a power source for products. For battery packs with two or more batteries combined in series or parallel.
Definition of some terms in UL2054 standard in lithium battery L certification
1.Battery- (1) single core or (2) a group of cells in series/parallel.
2.Battery, Secondary-A battery that can be discharged and recharged many times.
3.Cell-a single electrochemical cell containing positive and negative electrodes.
4ponent, current-limity The current-limiting measures adopted by any part under abnormal conditions. The current-limiting parts include resistors, fuses or thermal cut-off parts.
5.Current, Abnormal charged to the disposable cell or battery according to wrong operating conditions.
6PONENT, TEMPERATURE-LIMITING-Under abnormal conditions, any component must be limited by temperature, and temperature-limited components include temperature protectors and thermal fuses.
7. Discharged, Forced will forcefully discharge the battery in series with the external power supply, so that the battery will eventually be in a reverse polarity state.
8. Discharged, Fully When a 100Q resistor is connected and the short-circuit current is reduced to less than 1mA, the battery is considered to be fully discharged when the battery dead cycle voltage is lower than 0.2V.
9.Material, Toxic – Toxic industrial products nominally listed in the sax Industrial Materials Hazardous Performance Reference Manual.
10.EXPLOSION-When a cell or battery part is forcibly opened and the cell or battery case is broken or split in half or more.
11. Venting- The electrolyte of the battery or cell leaks from the designed valve or sealing mechanism in liquid, drop or vapor form.
12. PROTECTIVE DEVICES – such as FUSE, diodes and current limiters can prevent leakage current, and limit the discharge current in the circuit to discharge or limit the current in one direction.
13. RATED CAPACITY-The capacity measured by connecting a cell or battery in the circuit of the load, thermal fuse and power fuse specified by the manufacturer, in AMH.
14.C5AMP RATE-The current measured when a cell or battery is discharged for 5 hours and its voltage drops to the manufacturer's nominal cut-off point, in A.
15.SHORT CIRCUIT- Short-circuit the positive and negative poles of the cell or battery with a path close to zero resistance to discharge.
It is understood that if such products are unqualified, it is easy to cause fire and endanger people's lives and property safety. Similar cases have occurred before! The UL standard is also the safety testing standard in the Americas! And Amazon out of consideration for security! Strengthen the control of live electrical and electronic products, and many products have been removed from the shelves because of this! It also makes sense!
So what's the process like?
The sale of all cellular phone chargers, and laptop computer batteries and chargers on the Amazon website must meet specified certification standards. Note that Amazon may remove your selling privileges for failing to meet these standards. To sell these products on Amazon, you must apply by submitting the following information to electronics-safety@:
A list of ASINs you are applying to sell
A document confirming that your product was tested according to the standard listed in the following table by a laboratory that is certified to the ILAC ISO 17025 standard: Product Certification Requirement
Laptop Battery UL 2054 or UL 1642
Cellular Phone Replacement Battery UL 2054 or UL 1642
Laptop Charger and Power Adapter UL60950-1 certified/UL62368-1 certified
Cellular Phone Wall Charger UL60950-1 certified/UL62368-1 certified
Cellular Phone Car Charger UL2089 Certification
That is to say, the laptop battery/mobile phone battery must meet the UL 2054 or UL 1642 certification standard certification! Mobile phone chargers/power adapters must comply with the UL60950-1 standard certification! The car charger must meet the UL2089 standard certification!
UL60335 certification for household appliances, UL60065 certification for IT products, UL9990 certification for data cables, UL2089 certification for car chargers / UL60950 certification for chargers / UL1642 certification for batteries, etc.
1. Fill in the application form,
2. Provide product information,
3. Send samples,
4. Test OK,
5. UL report/certification issued.