PSE certification is Japan's mandatory safety certification, which must be used for the export of electrical and electronic products to Japan. It is used to prove that electrical and electronic products have passed the safety standard test of Japan Electric and Material Safety Law (DENAN Law) or international IEC standard. Japan's DENTORL Law (Electrical Device and Material Control Law) stipulates that 498 kinds of products must pass PSE safety certification to enter the Japanese market. Among them, 165 kinds of A-type products should obtain the diamond-shaped PSE mark, and 333 kinds of B-type products should obtain the circular PSE mark.
PSE certified product range
1. The 165 types of A-type PSE diamond-shaped logo products are as follows:
Wires and cables, fuses, wiring appliances (electrical accessories, lighting appliances, etc.), current limiters, transformers, ballasts
Electric heating appliances, mechanical appliances for electric power applications (household appliances), mechanical appliances for electronic applications (high frequency epilator)
Other AC electrical machinery and appliances (electric shock insecticides, DC power supply devices), portable motors
2. 333 kinds of B-type PSE circular logo products are divided into 7 parts:
1. Simple wiring sleeves and junction boxes;
2. Simple single-phase motor between 100V-300V;
3. Household electric heating products;
4. Household electric or video game products;
5. Civil or household products using light sources;
6. Household and commercial electronic products;
7. Other electrical products between 100V-300V.
Preparation of PSE certification materials
1. Application and submission materials: business license, application form;
2. Test preparation materials:
1) CB report (including Japanese difference test);
2) Circuit diagram (Layout);
3) PCB design drawings related to safety regulations;
4) Specifications of transformers and coil parts;
5) List of key components and their certificates;
6) Japanese manual or assembly manual;
7) Japanese nameplates and warning signs (including PSE signs and notified supplier names);
8) Structure data table;
9) The list and calibration certificate used in factory production.
3. Provide samples for testing: at least two for the main inspection model and one for each derived model.
PSE certification cycle
4-6 weeks (if the information is complete and the samples do not need to be rectified);
PSE certification certificate validity period
Class A diamonds have 3 years, 5 years, and 7 years (depending on the product)
Class B rounds are available for 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years (depending on the product)
PSE certification is a mandatory safety certification in Japan, which is used to prove that electrical and electronic products have passed the safety standard test of the Japanese Electric and Material Safety Law (DENAN Law) or the international IEC standard. Japan's DENTORL Law (Electrical Device and Material Control Law) stipulates that 498 kinds of products must pass safety certification to enter the Japanese market. Among them, 165 kinds of A-type products should obtain the diamond-shaped PSE mark, and 333 kinds of B-type products should obtain the circular PSE mark.
The way for Chinese enterprises to obtain Japanese PSE certification
As more and more people join the WTO, in order to be in line with international standards, many regulations have been formulated to restrict technical indicators such as safety, energy saving, and environmental protection of various commodities, which can not only ensure the level of the domestic industry and market, but also form a certain technical barriers.
Japan is a complex system of safety regulations.If foreign products want to enter the Japanese market, they will face a high threshold