Amazon US Station Toy Market
As we all know, Amazon's toy category is very profitable and in high demand, especially at Christmas, the demand for gifts is unimaginable.
It is precisely because of this market demand and high returns that many sellers and friends choose to do toy categories. In the toy category, the first thing to face is the problem of category review, the most difficult of which is the problem of CPC certification.
Certifications Required for U.S. Toys
Common requirements for toys exported to the United States are:
① Before a toy product is put on the shelves in the United States, it is generally necessary to provide a product certificate before it can be sold.
②ASTM F963 physical and mechanical performance test, flammability test, and eight heavy metal tests.
③ Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act CPSIA (HR4040), lead, phthalates.
NOTE: Toys with widgets should display the widget warning as a CPSIA attribute on the detail page. Among them, the most common problem for Amazon sellers is that the CPC certification is not passed.
Information to be included in the CPC certificate
The difficulty of CPC certification is that you clearly submitted the information as required, but you still did not pass it, and you were directly rejected. When the CPC is rejected, you first need to check whether your CPC certificate contains the following seven points of information as required:
1. Product information;
2. All laws and regulations applicable to the product;
3. Information of the importer or manufacturer (in the United States): including name, address and telephone number;
4. The contact information of the holder of the test result supporting the certificate: name, address, email address and telephone number. (usually understood as a manufacturer outside of the United States);
5. The production date and address of the product, the production date must be in the year and month, and the address must be in the city;
6. Test time and address or test report based on certificate
7. Information of third-party testing institutions (CPSC-approved laboratories): name, address, contact number.
If your certificate contains the above information but it is still rejected, you need to solve it according to the content of the email replied by Amazon.
Please update the product(s) detail page with the recommended Age Grading (the manufacturer_minimum_age attribute) identified on the ASINs third party test report in order to move forward with the approval process.
We noticed that there is no recommended ASIN age rating on the product detail page.
Please update the product detail page with the recommended age rating (manufacturer minimum age attribute) identified in the ASIN 3rd party test report to facilitate the approval process.
Solution: The listing details editing page lacks the applicable age description for the product, and only needs to be updated in the background.
2. The CPC submitted is missing required information. To move forward with the approvals process for your product, please resubmit the document with the following updated information:
· US importer or domestic manufacturer name, mailing address, contact information located in United States
The submitted CPC is missing required information. To advance the product approval process, please resubmit the document with the following updated information:
· U.S. importer or domestic manufacturer name, mailing address, contact information
Solution: US importer information is one of the reasons why CPC certificates are now prone to errors, but it is not difficult to deal with.
3.Contact information for the individual maintaining records, including name, full mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
Contact information for individuals maintaining records, including name, full mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
Solution: This is very simple, just add the test result maintenance contact information to the CPC certificate.
4.1. In Vendor Central, click the Items menu, and then select Vendor Certificates
4.2. Click on Missing Compliance Documents;
4.3. Search for the affected ASIN and then;
4.4. Click Add to upload the documents
In order to review your toy product warranty related documents, please submit them to Supplier Center using the following steps:
4.1. In Supplier Center, click on the Project menu and select Supplier Certificate
4.2. Click on the missing compliance file;
4.3. Search for the affected ASINs, then;
4.4. Click Add to upload files
Solution: Do not reply to the content and submit documents in CASE, you need to find and view the sales application in the menu directory bar, then find the rejected ASIN, and resubmit the certificate for review.
5.Please be informed that we can only accept product images. Therefore, kindly take clear photo of the product and product packaging clearly displaying:
* Manufacturer Name
* Manufacturer Address
* Warning label (as applicable)
Please note that we can only accept product images. Therefore, take clear product photos and product packaging that clearly shows:
* Manufacturer name
* Manufacturer's address
* Warning label (if applicable)
Solution: In the first product image required by Amazon, the actual photo of the product needs to clearly reflect the manufacturer's name, manufacturer's address, and warning signs, etc.
The CPC that has been previously provided cannot be accepted as it is issued from the testing laboratory.
To facilitate the approval process, please submit a Children's Product Certificate (CPC) issued by the manufacturer, importer or private labeler according to the guidelines set forth on the CPSC website.
A previously provided CPC cannot be accepted as it was issued from a testing laboratory.
Solution: As we said above, the essence of CPC is a self-declaration, which is issued by the importer or manufacturer (in practice, in most cases, it is issued by the trader independently), only the test report of CPC is issued by the test report. Issued with the seal of the institution. Therefore, the CPC certificate stamped by the testing agency cannot be used, and it is very likely to fail the audit with a high probability. This article is easy to solve.
7. The registration card submitted for your product did not include all of the following:
• Name of the manufacturer or private labeler
• Date of manufacture
• Manufacturer contact information (US address and telephone number, toll-free if available)
• Model name and number
The registration card submitted for your product did not contain all of the following:
• The name of the manufacturer or private labeler
• Production Date
• Manufacturer contact information (US address and phone number, if a toll-free number is available)
• Model name and number
Solution: The registration card is not provided, or the information on the registration card is incorrectly filled in. Commodities that require a registration card are generally durable baby consumer products and have a relatively high level of risk. Such as fences, gate rails, harnesses, walkers, cradles, etc. Filling in the content is more complicated and difficult to explain. Please inquire if necessary.
In order to list these toys on Amazon, please submit the following project application. Please update the CPSIA warning properties in the detail page.
Solution: There is no content in the CPSIA column of the product page editing page, you need to drop down to select the Warning word that suits your product!
9. Please be informed that we are unable to move forward with the approval process until the following required documentation is provided:
Kindly provide the following outstanding items as per ASTM F963-17:
• 4.25- Battery Operated Toys
If you feel your product is exempt from the above /requirements, please provide a statement from your lab or regulation exempting your product for our review.
Please note that we cannot advance the approval process until the following required documents are provided:
Please provide the following outstanding items per ASTM F963-17:
• 4.25- Battery Powered Toys
If you believe your product is exempt from the above sections/requirements, please provide a statement from your laboratory or regulation exempting your product for our review.
Solution: In addition to ASTM /17 and CPSIA, the test standards for electric toys also need to be tested in ASTM Section 4.25 of the battery part for battery drives and battery parts. If the test report lacks this test, it will not pass the review. (Products with built-in battery, external dry battery, USB power supply, and in-line power supply need to do this test item)
10.Product description or product identifier enabling us to make an accurate determination that the certificate is issued for the correct product
The product description or product identifier allows us to accurately determine that the certificate was issued for the correct product
Solution: Prompt that the ASIN or product model and product description are missing in the CPC certificate. The reason for this problem is that there is a problem with the CPC template, and the connection with the CPC test report and Listing cannot be established. It can be solved by modifying the correct CPC certificate template.
11. Images must contain all of the following relevant information: safety information and registration cards, compliance markings (including tracking labels), product hazard warnings
Solution: This item involves personal experience, please private chat (free consultation) for details. There are many certification agencies, but if you understand Amazon's rules and can make certifications that meet the corresponding requirements, this requires experienced personnel to connect. The most valuable thing is not the certification itself, but enough experience to support Amazon's smooth review.
Summary: When contacting the testing agency for CPC testing, it is necessary to find an experienced salesperson to connect, and everything is tested according to the requirements of the Amazon platform.
Otherwise, although the CPC report made by the certification body is a real and effective test report, Amazon will not recognize it. Don't understand it with your operational thinking.
CPC is a special certification among all certifications. Generally, CPC certificates provided by manufacturers are useless, and most of them need to be handled by traders themselves.
It is also worth noting that sometimes there is a situation: the CPC information submitted by the seller is complete and correct, but it still fails to pass the review, or it needs to be submitted several times to pass the review.
A little trick is the naming of the CPC document. Try to name it with the documentation required by the backend. For example, the first file needs CPSA or ASTM certification, you name it: XXX+Model/ASTM. The second file needs the CPC file, you just need XXX+model+CPC. Then submit product images along with related images. The probability of passing this way is much higher.
The process of CPC application:
1. First of all, the product must have completed copywriting and pictures (at least one)
2. Convert the product to Amazon delivery, if it is a live product, please fill in the product information at the time of conversion carefully
3. For live products, you must download the SDS form, fill in the content and upload it, and complete the dangerous goods review (consult the seller support within 4 working days for success)
4. Package the prepared product certification and report including ASTM F963-16 /-17 and The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA)
5. It may also be necessary to provide the product packaging containing the manufacturer's address and name, and high-definition pictures of the product.
Unitest is a domestic CNAS, CMA, A2LA, CPSC third-party laboratory! Has EMC laboratory, safety laboratory, chemical laboratory, lighting laboratory, toy laboratory, battery laboratory!
Can provide you with the following services:
China: Quality Inspection Report, China ROHS, CCC, GB6675
Europe: CE-EMC, CE-RED, UKCA, Rohs, REACH, Ophthalmic, Azo , PAHs, SCCP, EN 62115, EN 62471, Packaging Directive, Battery Directive, etc.
USA: FCC SDOC, FCC ID, ASTM F963, California 65, CPSIA, Packaging Directive, etc.
Canada: IC-VOC, IC-ID, SOR-2011-17, etc.
Japan: PSE, TELEC, ST 2016, etc.
Australia: C-TICK, SAA, AS/NZS 62115, AS/NZS ISO 8124D, etc.
Battery: UN38.3, MSDS, IEC 62133, etc. V: J138-2600-2796