If the product does not have an EPA registration code, Amazon's US site does not allow the product to be listed. Therefore, the majority of customers need to register with the EPA in advance to prevent the products from being unable to be sold normally.
According to the US EPA certification and registration regulations, all devices that can sterilize, disinfect, inactivate or trap harmful organisms, such as insects, mice, birds, bacteria, fungi, microorganisms, etc., need to be registered by EPA. For sale in the United States.
What is US EPA registration?
EPA is the English abbreviation of the United States Environmental Protection Agency (u.senvironmental protectionagency). Its main task is to protect the health of its people and the natural environment, air, water and land, the ecological environment on which we depend.
EPA certification is mainly aimed at environmental certification of emission performance. The EPA tests the engine emissions of locomotives, and confirms whether it meets the minimum standards for environmental protection according to the performance and emission values of the vehicle.
EPA certification: It belongs to a mandatory environmental certification in the United States.
EPA works with state and local governments to issue a series of commercial and industrial licenses. EPA certification The main purpose of EPA is to protect people's health and protect the ecological environment – air, water and land, the environment on which we live. In the more than 30 years since its founding, EPA has been working hard to create a clean and healthy environment for all Americans.
If the EPA requirements are met, the EPA will issue a certificate of compliance.
What types of devices need to be registered with the US EPA?
Common examples of pesticide devices include:
· Ultraviolet Light Units UV lamps, UV disinfection equipment
· Sound Generators
· Insect Traps
· Ground Vibrators (including ultrasonic)
· Water Treatment Units
· Air Treatment Units
Remarks: Any claims of anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-bacterial or other pesticides (such as for disinfection, insecticide, allergen removal, or germ protection)
Amazon prohibits the sale of:
– unregistered products;
– Sale of biocide products to non-U.S. residents
– Products without EPA registration code and trade name
– The product is manufactured by the wrong EPA trade name, may not be marked with the EPA trade name on the label, may be falsely or misleadingly advertised
– Restricted use of products not for sale, or products for non-public use
– The product is not registered and on file with the EPA and the states.
– The product has false or misleading propaganda, and misleading words such as "safe", "non-toxic", "harmless", "non-toxic" and "natural" are used in the product propaganda; the product propaganda is used to control relaxation Relief of any disease, epidemic, etc.
EPA registration specific process:
1. Simple products, products that do not use chemicals: no tests are involved, but factory information, company information, and basic product information need to be registered and filed, and an annual production report needs to be submitted every year.
2. Chemicals: Toxicological tests of chemicals, energy efficiency data, environmental impact data and other information need to be submitted. If the chemical has been registered by the manufacturer before, you can cite the previously submitted data, but you need to pay a fee to purchase it. If it is a new product, there is no relevant data on record in the EPA system before, and it needs to be tested. The cost of testing is very high, generally starting at 17,600 US dollars, and even reaching 800-100 million US dollars (such as nanomaterials).
3. Engine: This type of product needs to conduct emission test on the engine. The emission test must be carried out in a laboratory operation approved by EPA and complying with GLP specifications. The test cost is very high, generally 6-7W RMB, and large-power engines are far from enough. . After the test is passed, the test report and application materials need to be submitted to the EPA for registration.
US EPA registration information:
Company name in Chinese:
Company Name English Company Name:
PhoneCompany Phone Number: +86-
Agent Name in the United States:
Contact Contact Name:
PhoneContact Phone Number:
EmailContact email Address:
Agent Mailing Address:
Establishment No.: XXXXX-CHN-XXXX
Main export area:
Estimated annual sales Annual export estimation:
EPA certification review process:
EPA certification needs to check the submitted information in about three weeks to confirm whether it meets its requirements. As part of the review process, EPA certification will determine whether additional information is required and/or whether a certification test is required.
During this process, if there are questions or other information needs to be submitted, the EPA certification party will contact the factory contact person, and this process will take longer.
How does US EPA registration regulate products?
Although EPA does not require product effectiveness reports, EPA will regularly check product labels, so manufacturers need to design labels in accordance with EPA's requirements. In addition, EPA also requires applicants to complete the sales report for the previous year within 30 days of obtaining the registration code, and from the second year onwards, the annual report needs to be completed before March each year.
Unitest is a domestic CNAS, CMA, A2LA, CPSC third-party laboratory! Has EMC laboratory, safety laboratory, chemical laboratory, lighting laboratory, toy laboratory, battery laboratory!
Can provide you with the following services:
China: Quality Inspection Report, China ROHS, CCC, GB6675
Europe: CE-EMC, CE-RED, UKCA, Rohs, REACH, Ophthalmic, Azo , PAHs, SCCP, EN 62115, EN 62471, Packaging Directive, Battery Directive, etc.
USA: FCC SDOC, FCC ID, ASTM F963, California 65, CPSIA, Packaging Directive, etc.
Canada: IC-VOC, IC-ID, SOR-2011-17, etc.
Japan: PSE, TELEC, ST 2016, etc.
Australia: C-TICK, SAA, AS/NZS 62115, AS/NZS ISO 8124D, etc.
Battery: UN38.3, MSDS, IEC 62133, etc. V: J138-2600-2796