The beauty industry is competitive, and for good reason. You're unlikely to find such profit margins anywhere else. Also, selling beauty products often means a lot of marketing, celebrity endorsements, etc.
When we think of beauty products, we think of what's on our bodies, which is often a red flag for new sellers on Amazon because you need to go through the necessary documents and approvals, which if you're selling nail chips, don't:
This is a special product, a sticker that goes on your fingernails or toenails. They are the lightest and cheapest you can buy. The best part is that if you can come up with creative sticker designs, you can stand out. Also, these strips run out quickly, so you can expect repeat customers. Now let's look at these numbers:
As we can see, the average sales are decent, not amazing. It's also sold at a low price, and it's not that great at first glance. However, the cost of sourcing these products is relatively trivial, and because they're so small and lightweight, you won't have to pay much for shipping or handling. This also makes it a great entry-level product. You can get a decent-sized first batch for just a few hundred dollars. This niche is also not very competitive. Two high-review listings skew high average reviews. You can find results with double-digit reviews on the first page.
Sometimes when you browse Amazon for product ideas, you overlook a nice niche. That's why we used the AMZScout pro extension to identify this segment. You can also do it yourself, and it's not that complicated to start with.
1) Install AMZScout PRO extension.
2) Launch it on any Amazon page and you can see all the underlying information under the surface.
3) You can also use Market Score, which will give you a breakdown of whatever niche/page you're in on how difficult it is for you to enter a new offer.
4) You can also see historical graphs of sales and top product rankings for each product on the page, as well as cumulative stats for the entire niche.
5) Also, if you're having a hard time getting ideas, a "Get Market Suggestion" button will randomly send you to an Amazon page with a high niche rating.
You don't always need to find an item with a high sale price to see it as a good opportunity. Sometimes, you can open up your AMZScout extension and realize that it can be as simple as a very cheap product that, with some creativity and frugal investment, can bring you a decent amount of income in a smaller niche. Good luck, seller!