1. Introduction to ASTM 963
ASTM F963 is an American toy testing safety standard formulated under the auspices of the National Bureau of Standards of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
1. Test age: toys used by children of all age groups under the age of 14;
2. Nature: Mandatory;
3. CPC is composed of CPSIA and ASTM;
4. Test scope: mechanical physical safety, combustion performance, phthalate, lead, etc.
2. CPC standard of common products on the market
1. American toy standard ASTMF963;
2. Electric toys safety standard 16CFRPart1505;
3. Rattle toys require 16CFRPart1510;
4. Pacifier safety standard 16CFRPart1511;
5. Children's clothing, carpet combustion performance, such as 16CFRPart1610.
3. Requirements for lead and phthalates in children's toys and children's products:
Permanent ban: Beginning on February 10, 2009, the commercial production, supply and sale, commercial wholesale, or import of any children's toys or children's products containing more than 0.1% of the following phthalates: DEHP, DBP , BBP.
Temporary Ban: Beginning on February 10, 2009, the commercial production, sale, commercial wholesale, or import of any children's toys that can be placed in children's mouths containing the following phthalates in concentrations exceeding 0.1% will be temporarily banned or children's products.
Lead requirements: Lead requirements in paints and surface coatings for children's products are within 0.009% (90ppm).
Shenzhen Huapin Testing Technology Co., Ltd. adheres to the principles of science, accuracy and rigor, and relies on excellent testing equipment and experienced testing and certification. Testing and certification consulting services provided to tens of thousands of enterprises. 13428693948