01. North America
[U.S. extends Chinese medical product tariff exemptions] According to reports, the U.S. Trade Representative announced that it will extend the treatment of some Chinese medical products exempt from punitive tariffs for another six months. The U.S. Trade Representative’s office said the tariff exemptions covering 81 health care products needed to respond to the outbreak were due to expire on May 31. The exemption was first announced in December 2020 and has been extended once in November 2021. Products on the exempt list include hand sanitizer pump bottles, plastic containers for disinfecting wipes, fingertip pulse oximeters, blood pressure monitors, and MRI machines, the report said.
[ Amazon kitchen utensils searches have risen by more than 500% ] Amazon data shows that the kitchen category is becoming one of the fastest-growing and most potential categories on Amazon, and some sub-categories are particularly growing. Amazon's business opportunity detector shows that in the past 360 days, the search volume of Japanese chef knives sub-category has increased by more than 500% year-on-year. As of January 2022, the sales of kitchen categories on Amazon's US and European sites also showed an upward trend. Third-party sellers from China also performed very well in the kitchen categories of European and American sites. Some popular categories such as ice machines, air fryers, tick Bone knives, etc., the average growth rate has doubled.
Kitchen utensils cover many sub-categories, such as air fryers, ice machines, food processors, juicers, coffee machines and other small kitchen appliances, as well as knives, tableware, baking utensils, food preservation products, storage and other kitchen tools. Third-party data shows that the U.S. kitchenware market will reach $250 billion in 2023, and the European market will grow to $232 billion in 20221.
[Amazon Australia will hire 1,000 seasonal workers] According to foreign media reports, Amazon Australia recently announced that it will hire 1,000 seasonal workers to prepare for the upcoming Prime Day. According to reports, the workers recruited will be deployed in Amazon distribution centers and logistics sites. Hiring will be completed by July, before Prime Day.
Amazon Australia Country Manager said: "With Prime Day approaching, our operations will be more intense. Recruiting 1,000 seasonal workers nationwide will be well positioned to deal with the surge in parcel volumes during the promotion, so that products can be delivered as quickly as possible. Complete delivery.
Amazon shareholders narrowly pass executive compensation package: 3 executives get $350 million Companies blamed, and voted very closely in approving the symbolic measure of the company's leaders' compensation package.
The total number of votes disclosed in a filing showed that 56% of shareholders supported the company's 2021 executive compensation package, which includes $350 million in payments to three executives, the vast majority of which are awarded over several years. 's stock. Nearly nine out of 10 S&P 500 companies have more than 80% approval, according to data compiled by Farient Advisors so far in 2022.
【BeReal is becoming a popular social media app】 BeReal, an anti-beauty acquaintance social app. Data shows that BeReal has accumulated more than 10 million downloads so far. In the first quarter of 2022, it ranked fourth in the category by downloads in the US, UK and France, behind Instagram, Snapchat and Pinterest.
BeReal fosters scarcity and spontaneity by limiting user engagement. Users can only take one photo per day at random times and must take within 2 minutes of the app notification, users can use the "front" and "rear" cameras to take photos and share them with friends to show them that you are currently Do something, whether it's fun or not.
[Tweet is only visible to some/designated friends, Twitter launches Twitter Circle function] Twitter (Twitter) began testing the Twitter Circle function in a group earlier this month. After nearly a month of public testing, Twitter has announced that the feature is officially available to all users worldwide. It is reported that the feature is similar to the CloseFriends feature on Instagram, which can share tweets to their closest friends (up to 150 people) instead of everyone.
According to reports, users now access Twitter through the latest Twitter app or through a browser, and when they start to compose a tweet, they will see a drop-down menu at the top that reads "Everyone." Users can then select Twitter Circle to make the tweet "viewable only by selected audiences."
[Electric vehicle company Rivian's ex-manufacturing chief to leave] Electric vehicle company Rivian announced that Charly Mwangi, a former executive who was in charge of starting the company's manufacturing process, is leaving the company. Mwangi, a former Tesla executive, has been executive vice president at Rivian since May 2020, bringing the R1T pickup and R1S SUV into production by the end of 2021. Rivian cut its 2022 production target earlier this year. Frank Klein, a former Magna International executive, will take over as Rivian's chief operating officer in June, with responsibility for production, supply chain and manufacturing engineering.
[The probability of the Fed raising interest rates by 50 basis points in June is 96.8%] According to CME's "Federal Reserve Watch": the probability of the Fed raising interest rates by 25 basis points in June is 0%, and the probability of raising interest rates by 50 basis points is 96.8%. The probability of 75 basis points is 3.2%; the probability of accumulative rate hikes of 25, 50 basis points and 75 basis points is 0% by July, the probability of accumulative rate hike of 100 basis points is 94.2%, and the probability of accumulative rate hike of 125 basis points is 94.2%. The probability is 5.7%, and the probability of a cumulative rate hike of 150 basis points is 0.1%.
02. EU region
[European Commission: Proposal to ban the import of Russian oil by sea] The European Commission sends a revised proposal on the embargo of Russian oil cargoes to member states, proposing a ban on the import of Russian oil by sea, and asking for a delay in the implementation of import restrictions on the key Druzhba pipeline , in order to satisfy Hungary's opposition to sanctions against Russian oil. The pipeline is Hungary's main oil import channel. Under the latest proposal, EU countries will have six months to phase out seaborne shipments of Russian oil and eight months to phase out seaborne shipments of Russian oil products; meanwhile, Hungary will receive more in seaborne shipments of Russian oil Buffer time to find technical solutions to meet domestic energy needs; in addition, the concerns of landlocked countries such as Slovenia and the Czech Republic will also be taken care of by the EU.
[German asset management company DWS: German inflation data increases pressure on the European Central Bank] DWS economists said that Germany's initial May inflation data further increased pressure on the European Central Bank, which seems to have raised interest rates in July and September. A foregone conclusion. Although the ECB still intends to gradually normalize monetary policy, if the inflation target is not met for a long time, the ECB may need to adopt more tightening policy in the medium term. In addition to energy, it was mainly food prices that pushed up inflation in Germany in May. While there were signs of a slight pullback in energy prices in June, this was only a short-lived pullback that was far from making up for the loss in real income.
[Germany Hannover Messe resumes offline after two years, and the number of exhibitors shrinks severely] From May 30 to June 2, local time, Hannover Messe will resume offline after two years. The impact of the epidemic has not yet ended. This year's Hannover Industrial Fair has been postponed by nearly a month, and the duration has been shortened from the usual 5 days to 4 days. Before the epidemic, there were usually more than 6,000 exhibitors. There are only about 2500 of them.
[Preliminary statistics show that Spain's inflation rate reached 8.7% in May] According to preliminary statistics released by the Spanish National Bureau of Statistics on May 30, local time, Spain's inflation rate in May 2022 was 8.7%, compared with 8.3% in April. A slight recovery, but below March's 9.8% inflation rate. Rising electricity prices remain the main reason for Spain's high inflation rate, as are fuel and food prices.
03. Other regions
[The labor market is strong and the New Zealand Federal Reserve remains confident of a "soft landing" for the economy] The chief economist of the New Zealand Federal Reserve said that it is difficult to achieve a soft landing, because a significant decline in the inflation rate is usually accompanied by negative economic growth. But the New Zealand labour market is strong, and in many ways has been the mainstay of the New Zealand economy over the past few years, which is one reason demand has remained so strong, and the underlying reason why the New Zealand economy is likely to weather the storm. The Reserve Bank of New Zealand raised interest rates by 50 basis points last week and forecast the official cash rate (OCR) to rise to around 4% next year from 2% today. Conway said the MPC was not considering extending the rate hike to 75 basis points because a 50 basis point hike would have done what was needed.
[ Hurricane "Agatha" made landfall in Mexico ] According to reports, Hurricane "Agatha" made landfall in Oaxaca, Mexico at around 15:30 local time on the 30th. Category hurricane. According to the local Ministry of Civil Protection of Mexico, there are currently no reports of casualties from Hurricane Agatha. Relevant temporary resettlement centers are ready to receive affected people, and shops in the hurricane landed areas are all closed.
[ Qatar 's natural gas exports in April reached 43.5 billion riyals soared more than double the year-on-year] After the outbreak of the Russian-Ukrainian conflict, the supply of natural gas in the global energy market fluctuated. As one of the world's largest LNG exporters, Qatar's natural gas in April The export value increased significantly year-on-year. According to data released by the Qatari government on the 29th local time, Qatar’s natural gas exports in April reached 43.5 billion riyals (about 80 billion yuan), while in April last year, this figure was 21 billion riyals, which boosted the Qatar's trade surplus in April reached 34.2 billion riyals.
[CGS-CIMB Analyst: Uncertainty over Indonesia's supply policy may weigh on palm oil prices] Palm oil prices rose slightly in early trading, but uncertainty over the implementation of Indonesia's domestic supply policy may have an impact on palm oil prices . While Indonesia has resumed edible oil exports, Indonesia's economy minister said the government will implement a policy for the domestic market to ensure that 20 percent of Indonesia's domestic palm oil production remains at home. There is also uncertainty about how it will affect crude palm oil prices as details of how Indonesia will implement the policy have yet to be determined.
[Indonesia's largest Internet company GoTo released its first financial report after listing: revenue increased by 53% year-on-year] According to reports, Indonesia's largest technology company GoTo issued its first financial report after listing today. GoTo's gross revenue rose 53% in the first quarter to the end of March, accelerating from 2021 growth, underscoring the rapid expansion of Indonesia's tech and online industries. According to the financial report, GoTo’s gross revenue in the first quarter was 5.2 trillion rupiah (about 357 million U.S. dollars), an increase of 53% compared with 3.4 trillion rupiah in the same period last year. However, adjusted loss before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization widened to IDR 5.4 trillion ($371 million).
[Thailand Survey: Nearly 80% of Thais use social media and online payments] Thais are gradually adapting to digital life, and digital technology has also entered the daily life of most Thais. According to reports, a recent survey conducted by Thailand’s Chuandeng Rajabhat University shows that 79.96% of Thais use social media to communicate, 78.44% use online payments, and 75.19% watch movies, listen to songs or play games online. Compared with the situation before the outbreak of pneumonia, 76.97% of Thais said that they used digital technology more in their daily life since the epidemic, 20.94% said that there was no change before and after the epidemic, and only 2.09% said that they used digital technology less after the epidemic. .
[Japan's metropolitan area may encounter the worst power shortage in 10 years, Japan may promote the restart process of nuclear power] Beginning on the 29th, many places in Japan ushered in high temperature weather. However, just as the demand for electricity continues to increase in summer, Japanese media reported that the power supply situation in Japan's metropolitan area and other regions will be very severe this summer, and the reserve rate showing the power supply capacity is expected to be only about 3%. , the power reserve rate in Japan's metropolitan area is even expected to be negative, which will be the most serious "power shortage" that Japan has faced in 10 years. The main reason for the "power shortage" is that some old thermal power stations have been shut down one after another. In response to the "power shortage", the Japanese government will hold a "power supply and demand meeting" again this week after a five-year hiatus. The meeting will focus on the restart of some outaged thermal power plants and the restart of nuclear power and other countermeasures.
[South Korea has introduced a price stabilization policy: 0% quota tariff applies to imported commodities such as pork and edible oil] The South Korean government has announced a series of countermeasures. Major imported foods such as pork, edible oil, flour, and coffee beans will be subject to a 0% quota tariff. The government expects this to reduce the cost of imported pork by up to 20 percent. In addition, value-added tax on purely processed foods such as kimchi and chili paste will be exempted.
[The proportion of new energy power generation in South Korea last year reached 7.5%, which is equivalent to three times that of ten years ago] According to data released by the Korea Electric Power Corporation on the 30th, the power generation of new and renewable energy such as photovoltaics, wind power, and hydropower last year was 43,085 GWh ( GWh), which accounted for 7.5% of total electricity generation, which is three times as much as a decade ago (2.5%). New energy and renewable energy power generation also increased from 12,190 GWh in 2011 to 43,085 GWh in 2021. This is mainly due to the government's continued implementation of greenhouse gas emission reduction policies in response to climate change and global warming.
Zhimeitong | Logistics Highlights
For more information, please pay attention to the public number: Zhimeitong Research Institute
[Baltic dry bulk freight index fell for the fifth day in a row] The Baltic dry bulk freight index fell for the fifth consecutive day on the 30th, weighed down by the decline in the capesize and panamax freight indexes. The Baltic index for overall dry bulk fell 110 points, or 4.1%, to 2,571. The capesize index fell 224 points, or 8%, to 2,594. Average daily earnings for capesize vessels fell $1,857 to $21,516. The panamax index slipped 104 points, or 3.4%, to 2,944. Average daily earnings for panamax vessels fell $938 to $26,493. The Supramax index slipped 22 points to 2,774.
Zhimeitong | Domestic Aspects For more information, please check
[National Immigration Administration: It will improve the efficiency of customs clearance at ports to facilitate business personnel to apply for certificates] The National Immigration Administration has released a number of new measures to facilitate the production and operation of foreign-related enterprises. In terms of improving the efficiency of customs clearance at ports, the main measures include the implementation of "zero waiting" for international cargo ships to arrive at the port and "zero delay" for departure from the port. Implement priority inspection, fast customs clearance, and stop at cargo hub airports. In terms of facilitating business personnel to apply for business licenses, the main measures include accepting and approving visa extension applications for foreigners who invest, start businesses, scientific research, and economic and trade in China at the nearest location, and provide convenience for cross-border transportation enterprises and drivers and passengers in border areas.
Zhimeitong | E-commerce highlights
For more information, please pay attention to the public number: Zhimeitong Research Institute
[ eBay Announcement: Notice on the Adjustment of Freight Rates for SpeedPAK from June 1, 2022 ] eBay issued an announcement saying that due to the continuous impact of the Russian-Ukrainian conflict, international oil prices continued to remain high, and aviation fuel costs continued to rise. At the same time, with the gradual improvement of the domestic epidemic prevention and control, including Shanghai and other cities seriously affected by the epidemic, the resumption of work and production of electronic products has caused a run on the only air freight space currently available, resulting in multiple purposes in mainland China and Hong Kong. The transportation costs in different countries have risen to varying degrees. In order to ensure the good operation and on-time delivery of SpeedPAK, from June 1, 2022, Beijing time, SpeedPAK will appropriately adjust the service charges for shipments from mainland China and Hong Kong to the following directions to ensure the stability of eBay sellers' direct mail delivery service sex.
The specific freight adjustment is as follows:
From Mainland China
From Hong Kong, China
This article is edited and organized by Zhimeitong Research Institute. The pictures and information are from the Internet, and the copyright belongs to the original author. This article does not represent that this subscription number agrees with its views and is responsible for its authenticity. Unauthorized reproduction, adaptation or creation of mirror images is not allowed. If you need to reprint, please leave a message in the background to apply and obtain authorization. The content of this article is for general discussion only and does not constitute any commercial or legal advice or services. The trademarks and pictures used or cited in this article, such as remarks, are from the Internet, and the copyright belongs to the original author and is not used for commercial purposes.