Christmas abroad is getting closer and closer, and the requirements for decorative light strings are becoming more and more urgent. Many stores think that it is enough to put products on the shelves. In fact, seasonal light strings sold in cross-border e-commerce need to be processed according to the platform requirements. Relevant testing and certification reports.
In fact, in the peak season of Amazon in 2017, the light string requires sellers to provide UL588 certification for light strings, and a large number of products without certification have been removed from the shelves! Merchants in peak season of string lights should be careful. Smart sellers are prepared in advance, be prepared! What is the UL588 certification of Amazon light string? what do you need? How to do it?
Amazon's listing policy requires that all seasonal, holiday, and other decorative string lights must be certified to the UL588 standard.
Amazon defines lighting strings as portable, plug-connected, up to 120 volts rated input, and lighting goods and accessories for temporary use. To sell on Amazon, you must apply and submit to the following information to electronics.
1. Your company name and seller number
2. Your contact information (email address and phone number)
3. A list of ASINs for which you are applying to sell
4. Documents that certify that all decorative light strings and related goods you apply to sell are UL588 compliant
5. Product picture of the plug
By applying to sell these products, you confirm that all information you submit in connection with your application is true and accurate. Please note that Amazon may revoke your selling privileges if you do not meet these requirements.
Amazon's requirements for light string classes to meet UL588 certification must meet the following three items:
1. The minimum wire diameter size requirements of UL 588 section 6
2. Tensile test requirements for UL 588 SB15 sections
3. Overcurrent protection requirements of UL 588 section 7
/1573 reporting process:
1. Fill in the application form,
2. Provide product information, payment,
3. Send samples,
4. Test OK,
5. Issue a report.
Cost: Assessed according to the actual situation!