Wuhan Star Sets Sail: The Opening of Amazon's Holiday Mode and Its Possible Impact
Holiday Mode is an account status mode launched by Amazon for FBM (Fulfillment by Me) sellers. The specific opening process is: in the seller's background – settings – account information – holiday settings, select not available for sale and save.
What is the effect of turning on holiday mode?
After the FBM holiday mode is turned on, the products sold by the seller will be temporarily removed from the shelves. The advantage of turning on holiday mode is that buyers can avoid placing orders during the holidays, but sellers cannot ship in time, resulting in delayed or cancelled orders. These delayed or cancelled orders can impact FBM sellers' performance and even cause FBM Amazon to stop sellers' accounts.
The disadvantage of the holiday mode is that during the opening period, FBM sellers cannot obtain orders, and even if the sales status is restored, it may affect the ranking and sales.
The right way for FBM sellers to set up for the holidays:
The official reminder to FBM sellers to turn on the holiday mode can indeed avoid affecting the store performance, but if we want to take a few days off and do not want to be listed, if we continue to maintain rankings and orders, you can also do some more flexible settings.
Method 1: Extend the product stocking time.
The specific method is to open the inventory management inventory one by one in the seller's background, find the products that need to extend the inventory time, click Edit to enter the quotation page, modify the processing time and save. For example, if I change the processing time to 5 days, when the buyer sees a reminder that the product will take 5 days to ship, even if the buyer insists on placing the order, I can ship it after the holiday without worrying about affecting me account performance.
Method 2: Extend the stocking time in batches.
If we operate a lot of products at the same time, we can also use the form to modify them in batches. The specific method is as follows:
1. Find batch upload products in the inventory menu of the seller's backstage,
2. Download the inventory file, select the product type, operating website and template according to your actual situation, and select Custom in the mode option.
3. Open the download template, delete the fourth line prompt,
4. Fill in the product type, seller SKU, quantity, and select some updates in the update and delete cells.
5. Enter the seller's background again, find and upload the file you just created in the batch upload products and upload inventory files, and wait for the file upload to complete.
FBM sellers do not use Amazon's official logistics, and it is easy to cause buyer complaints and platform penalties due to logistics delays. Therefore, FBM sellers need to be more cautious. The above methods can be applied flexibly.