Nowadays, more and more attention is paid to intellectual property rights, especially in recent years, more and more domestic brands have gone abroad and entered the world through cross-border e-commerce platforms.
In particular, many sellers took a fancy to Amazon's prospects and settled in one after another. So for the vast number of novice sellers on Amazon, is it necessary to register a trademark and conduct a brand record?
The answer is yes . If you want to do a long-term business in the cross-border industry, branding, R&D, and brand planning are necessary steps.
It is very serious to catch infringement overseas, and it is easy to be sold by hijacking. If you have a trademark, you can fight against hijacking and protect your rights. Many people want to start with no brand, and in the end they may be preemptively registered by others, resulting in making wedding dresses for others, and in turn being accused.
Cases of trademark squatting are not uncommon, all of which are due to insufficient consideration and planning, which leads to the need to spend more time and money to deal with them later.
What information do Amazon sellers need to register their trademarks?
Of course, not every seller who wants to register a trademark can register, because Amazon trademark registration is conditional, and sellers need to meet the following conditions before they can apply for trademark registration:
1. The applicant may be a natural or legal person, but is not limited to a U.S. resident or legal person;
2. The trademark applied for for registration shall have distinctive features, be easy to identify, and shall not be identical or similar to the trademark of others, and shall not conflict with the legal rights first obtained by others;
3. The registration shall not be granted except as stipulated by the legal system.
What are the documents required to register an Amazon trademark?
1. A copy of the applicant's ID card and business license should be stamped with the official seal. If the applicant is a natural person, a copy of the personal ID card should also be attached;
2. Detailed information of the applicant, including Chinese and English name, nature, nationality, full address, postal code and contact information;
3. Electronic version of trademark standard sample, clear trademark pattern, electronic version of LOGO (JPG format). Note: If the trademark is in color, please specify the color, and the future use will be in accordance with the specified color; if the trademark is black and white, any color can be used in the future;
4. Goods or services (using the Nice Agreement on the International Classification of Goods and Services for Trademark Registration;
5. A statement by the applicant of the good faith use of the trademark, indicating for which products or services the trademark will be used;
6. A "Power of Attorney for US Trademark Registration" to fill in a word mark and a category of goods or services;
7. The applicant provides a statement on the true use of the trademark in the enterprise.