The full name of #FBA is Fullfillment By Amazon, and the Chinese translation is Amazon Logistics. It is a one-stop logistics service provided by Amazon, including warehousing, pick and pack, delivery, payment, customer service and return processing. As the world's largest online retailer, Amazon's largest warehouse in Phoenix is the size of 28 football fields.
Advantages of #FBA:
1. Improve listing rankings, help sellers become featured sellers and snap up shopping carts, improve customer trust and increase sales;
2. Years of rich logistics experience, warehouses all over the world, intelligent management (acquired robot manufacturing company Kiva Systems in 2012);
3. The delivery time is super fast (most warehouses are near the airport);
4. Amazon professional customer service;
5. Eliminate the negative review disputes caused by logistics;
6. Products within standard size and unit price over 300USD are exempt from all #FBA logistics fees.
According to Amazon's terms of service, if a seller uses #FBA and a buyer leaves a negative review that is not conducive to #FBA logistics, Amazon reserves the right to remove the negative review. For example: "shipping with #FBA caused delays", "packaging with #FBA was squeezed and damaged", these negative reviews Amazon has the absolute right to delete immediately. Since Amazon has invested hundreds of millions of dollars in #FBA, any comments that detract from #FBA service will be deleted immediately.
So, if you are an Amazon seller, using Amazon #FBA can be very helpful in boosting your store ranking and order volume!
Disadvantages of #FBA:
1. Generally speaking, the cost is slightly higher than domestic shipments, but it also depends on the weight of the product (especially #FBA shipments from third-party platforms);
2. Poor flexibility (a common problem with all overseas warehouses, but other third-party overseas warehouses can still have dedicated Chinese customer service to deal with some problems, but FBA can only communicate with customers in English, and they can't reply by email. They will promptly send to the third party Overseas warehouse customer service);
3. If the preliminary work is not done well, the label scanning problem will affect the warehousing of goods, or even fail to warehousing;
4. The return address only supports US (if you are doing #FBA for US site).
If a seller uses #FBA, assuming he doesn't put a barcode on the product, but uses the original barcode from the product's manufacturer, it's likely that other sellers are also selling this product while doing #FBA. Then all sellers' products with the same "original barcode" will be mixed into the #FBA warehouse (without distinguishing sellers). Once the customer places an order, it is also randomly shipped from the mixed warehouse products (the products sent may be yours or other sellers). Rest assured, inventory deductions and sales are still calculated under your account.