Recently, many sellers of Amazon mosquito killer have reported that they have received the following email from Amazon US: ProductSafety asks that you please respond to the above concern by taking the following steps:
1. MOST IMPORTANT: Submit all relevant safety testing data and certification for the item. We ask you include testing specifically relating to the incident inquestion. Please refer to the attached word document of “Product ComplianceGuidelines” if you have any questions. PLEASE NOTE: An MSDS does not suffice for safety testing.
The appropriate standard for this product appears to be UL 1559, but others may apply. If you have questions about the appropriate standards for the product, please consult with the laboratory directly.
While we investigate, product will remain unavailable for purchase from our website.
If the above documentation request is not completed in entirety within 7 days the case will be closed and the ASIN will remain suppressed
Due to a series of electronic product fire incidents before, Amazon 188 Platform North America has strengthened the control of live electronic and electrical products out of safety considerations. All products must be tested in strict accordance with UL standards. Many products have no UL report. Was taken off the shelf! It is recommended that Amazon sellers do a good job of product testing before listing to avoid product listings being removed from the shelves, which will outweigh the gains. 3568 In fact, many sellers who have sold out have received emails from Amazon requesting UL testing 2048 reports for their products within 7 days, otherwise the connection will be taken off the shelf.
Penalties for no test report:
If you do not provide the required information by the applicable deadline, Amazon may:
1 Delete related product information
2 Suspend your permission to add new items and/or post items
3 Withhold any money due to you
4 File a lawsuit
Amazon reserves the right to take any further action that may be necessary in its sole discretion
The UL 1559 standard applies to household and commercial insect shock devices with an input rating of 250 V or less, excluding insecticides that use chemical, ultrasonic, or mechanical traps, which may cause fire, electric shock, and Personal accidents and other hazards are specially controlled by UL 1559 safety standards.
UL1559 related regulations and required test items:
Structural aspects: For metal casings, the thickness of the metal is required and anti-corrosion; for plastic casings, it needs to pass the evaluation of UL 746C. For indoor or outdoor appliances, the content of the evaluation is also different. For the provisions of protection against electric shock, UL1559 requires the use of two test fingers, one for testing the primary circuit and the other for testing the secondary circuit. In addition, UL1559 requires appliances to use isolation transformers, and also specifies current-carrying components, internal wires, creepage distances, lamp sockets, PCBs, capacitors, switches, and protection devices.
In terms of performance, the items to be tested in UL1559 are: leakage current, input and output test, normal temperature rise test, abnormal temperature rise test, dielectric strength, rain test, humidity test, case pressure test, case impact test, grounding continuity test , temperature cycle test, metal coating thickness, etc.
Mosquito killer lamp UL certification test process:
1. Project application – submit a UL report application to the inspection and supervision agency.
2. Data preparation – According to the standard requirements, the enterprise prepares the relevant certification documents.
3. Product testing – the company sends the samples to be tested to the laboratory for testing.
4. Preparation of reports – certified engineers prepare reports based on qualified test data.
5. Submit for review – the engineer will review the complete report.