Cups are commonly used products that come into contact with food and water. Whether the materials of various cups meet the requirements of food contact regulations is a topic of great concern to everyone.
The material of the water cup is stainless steel, plastic, PP, PE, PC, PS, acrylic. Cups exported to the United States need to undergo FDA testing in accordance with US regulations.
FDA is the abbreviation of the United States Food and Drug Administration. It is an international pharmaceutical, food, and medical review authority. It is authorized by the United States Congress, the federal government, and is the supreme law enforcement agency specializing in food and drug management.
The FDA is a government health control monitoring agency composed of doctors, lawyers, microbiologists, pharmacologists, chemists, and statisticians dedicated to protecting, promoting, and enhancing the health of the nation. Foods, food containers, medicines, etc. that have passed FDA certification are safe and effective for the human body.
The most important regulation for food contact materials in FDA is 21 CFR Part 177-2003, that is, polymer substances
Other regulations include
21CFR Part 175-2003: adhesives and coating materials, metals;
21CFR Part 176-2003: Paper and Paperboard Products
21CFR Part 178-2003: Food Additives: Adjuvants, Production Aids, and Sanitizers
FDA CPG 7117.05: Requirements for Silver Plated Articles
FDA CPG 7117.06 & 07 Requirements for Glass, Ceramic, Enamel Utensils
FDA certification process for cups :
1. Consultation — The applicant provides product information pictures or describes the products and materials that need to be applied for FDA through description .
2. Quotation — According to the information provided by the applicant, the technical engineer will make an evaluation, determine the items to be tested, and make a quotation to the applicant.
3. After the applicant confirms the quotation, fill in the test application form and test samples.
4. Sample Testing – Testing will be conducted in accordance with applicable FDA standards.
5. Provide FDA certification report after the test is completed .