One: What is the UL588 certification of the light string?
As we all know, electronic products, as one of the more popular categories on the Amazon platform, have attracted the attention of many sellers. At present, Amazon has become the No.1 electronics retailer. It is understood that on the Amazon platform, 18% of sellers sell electronic products. However, as the number of sellers selling such products gradually increases, the auditing efforts of the platform are also increasing. For example, lamps and light strings must provide UL588 certification, otherwise they will face the risk of being taken off the shelf! Because Amazon's backstage inspection of products is captured by Amazon's robots! Once it is spot-checked, and if the seller cannot provide UL588 certification within 48 hours, all the light strings sold will be removed from the shelves!
Amazon's listing policy requires that all seasonal, holiday, and other decorative string lights must be certified to the UL588 standard.
Amazon defines lighting strings as portable, plug-connected, high-rated 120 volt input lighting goods and accessories for temporary use
To sell these products on Amazon, you must apply and submit the following information:
1. Your company name and seller number
2. Your contact information (email address and phone number)
3. A list of ASINs for which you are applying to sell
4. Documents that certify that all decorative light strings and related goods you apply to sell are UL588 compliant
5. (i) Information that can confirm that you are the manufacture of the goods or (ii) a copy of an invoice from your supplier within the past 180 days that reflects your sales.
By applying to sell these products, you confirm that all information you submit in connection with your application is true, unfortunately, and accurate. Please note that Amazon may revoke your selling privileges if you do not meet these requirements.
That is to say, lamps, decorative lighting products, such as light strings, small light bulbs, neon tubes, etc., need to submit documents that comply with UL588-16 CFR 1120.3(c) certification.
UL certification requires testing products and auditing factories, which are audited every quarter, which is expensive and time-consuming.
The UL test report is to issue a qualified test report after selecting the corresponding UL standard for the product to pass the test.
Two: What are the UL588 certification test items?
What are the requirements for Christmas string 16CFR1120.3(c) certification? In short, the 16 CFR 1120.3(c) certification of light strings/lightings is the 3 requirements in UL588! Original: Seasonal and decorative lighting products that lack one or more of the following characteristics in conformance with requirements in sections 6, 7, 15, 71, 79, and SB15 of UL 588 (incorporated by reference, see § 1120.4):
(1) Minimum wire size requirements in section 6 of UL 588; the external wire should meet the requirements of UL588 standard, the wire size of the series lamp should be 22AWG; the parallel lamp should be 20AWG.
(2) Sufficient strain relief requirements in sections 15, 71, 79, and SB15 of UL 588; do a power cord pull test according to UL588
(3) Overcurrent protection requirements in section 7 of UL 588. For overcurrent protection, the product needs to have a fuse!
With Christmas approaching, Amazon will definitely require string lights to meet this requirement! Last year, many merchants did not understand what this was! This led to the removal of such light string products from the shelves, resulting in heavy losses! Whether merchants can seize the opportunity to make money this year depends on whether you are fully prepared!
Three: What is the cost of UL588 certification? What is the process?
1. Fill out the application form
2. Provide product information
3. Send samples
4. Pass the test
5. Make a report
The detailed cost needs to be sent to the specific product picture by the professional engineering evaluation cost, generally about: about 2500-3500
Cycle: 5-7 working days
182 0070 0074 Forestry