1. What is Amazon Brand Abuse?
Recently, cross-border sellers on Amazon have encountered a thorny problem. Brand registration or authorization has been rejected, and some brands have been removed. What is the reason? Many sellers have been convicted of brand abuse. How should you deal with this problem? Follow me to see it!
The most common are the following two situations:
( 1) When the newly applied brand is filed, it is prompted that the account may be involved in abusive behavior and is rejected for filing.
( 2) A brand that has already been registered was informed of brand abuse, which resulted in the cancellation of the brand.
2. What is the reason for being judged as brand abuse?
The editor has seen in major forums that many sellers have been removed, filed or authorized unsuccessfully due to brand abuse, and the way to appeal and defend their rights is far away, and they cannot successfully appeal for several months or even more than half a year.
( 1) Whether the store has ever violated the rules, and whether it has been recorded because of association or other violations, including other sites with the same set of materials. If there are violations, such as fraud, infringement, fraud, etc., and they are not resolved immediately, Amazon may judge the brand as brand abuse.
( 2) There are more than five or more trademark registrations or whitelists under the name of the newly applied store, and the store may be questioned by Amazon for using the brand registration function in violation of regulations. Sellers, please control the number of authorizations to avoid illegal operations.
( 3) The trademark is not a trademark applied for by the filer himself, but a purchased trademark. Whether this trademark has been filed before or has violated regulations, if this is the case, ask the seller to find out. Brand abuse may also be judged if the number of brand complaints is high and often unsuccessful.
In addition, according to the seller's sharing, the 1.5w trademarks that were voided by Thunderstorm in December last year , stores and brands will be marked by Amazon, and even if they are re-registered, they may be judged as brand abuse. Even if the original brand name is changed to a new category and re-registered, it will not succeed. If the trademark is one of them, it may only be possible to change the trademark.
3. How to appeal when encountering brand abuse?
Prepare the following relevant materials to file a complaint with Amazon :
1. If you need to provide your own brand products: trademark registration certificate or trademark registration application acceptance notice, trademark certificate, etc.; if you sell products as a brand agent or distributor, you need to provide: trademark authorization letter.
2. Pictures and packaging pictures of related products, which can clearly show the real pictures of the logo.
3. The business license of the store, and a screenshot of the store.
4. Real purchase VAT invoices, production certificates, etc.
5. The sales link of the official website of the brand.
* If it is judged that the brand has been abused due to the excessive number of complaints, in addition to the materials mentioned above, sellers can sort out the cases of past complaints together, and use examples to explain their complaints are in line with legitimate rights and interests, and non-malicious complaint. Submitting all the information together for appeal may find a breakthrough to solve the problem. However, the number of complaints must be controlled well, as the number of complaints is low and the success rate is low, which may also affect the success rate of the complaint.
If you really encounter the above problems, you can also contact us for help to find a solution, and the restoration of the record will definitely succeed! I wish all sellers who encounter problems can pass the appeal!