Recently, Amazon’s global store announced that it will withhold for sellers in France who have not submitted a valid UIN for products sold through Amazon’s French station and products (products subject to extended producer responsibility) are shipped to France (including French overseas territories). Pay EPR, which means that those who have not registered themselves can register by themselves or have them withheld and paid by the platform, and those who have already registered need to register and upload their UIN numbers as soon as possible.
Although according to the official news released by Amazon, there are 18 categories involved in the French EPR, but the category registration requirements are still 7 items. Registration requirements may be added over time. The product categories that need to be considered for the time being are:
1. Electrical and electronic equipment (household items, lamps, fire extinguishers and professional electronic products N);
2. Batteries (portable batteries, automotive batteries and industrial batteries)
3. Printing paper (boxes and packaging of goods (such as boxes for toys), shipping boxes, shipping labels and tape, etc.)
4. Packaging (printed items such as user manuals, wallpapers, gift cards and advertising inserts)
5. Furniture (household furniture and special furniture)
6. Textiles (clothing textiles, household linens and footwear)
7. Tires (automobile tires, agricultural tires and heavy civil tires)
Categories that may require registration in the future are:
1. Chemicals (glue, paint, car polish, acetone, vaseline, mastic)
2. Medical devices (needles, small syringes, catheters, pens with retractable needles)
3. Mineral or synthetic lubricating oil or industrial oil
4. Sports and leisure goods (except for goods that already fall into other extended producer responsibility categories)
5. DIY and gardening supplies (except for goods already classified as other extended producer responsibility)
6. Building materials (building materials for professional use or home)
7. Toys (except for goods already classified as other extended producer responsibility, such as electrical and electronic equipment)
8. Packaging used in the catering industry (used to provide or sell professional packaging for products to be consumed (eg: food packaging, pizza boxes), except for products that already fall into other extended producer responsibility categories (eg packaging))
9. Non-biodegradable synthetic chewing gum, chewing gum is not biodegradable
10. Disposable sanitary textiles (not reusable) including disposable wipes for hygiene or cleaning
11. Fishing gear containing plastic
If you are a seller in France and sell your products to France, and you feel that the above categories involve your own products, you need to pay attention to the fact that the platform may withhold and pay EPR afterward. Some products contain multiple categories and multiple categories. All have to register. Only the above-mentioned toys, DIY and gardening supplies, sports and leisure goods can be exempted from registration in this category as long as the products are included in other categories (not yet required).
In accordance with Amazon's instructions, Amazon will prepare reports on behalf of sellers on a quarterly, semi-annual or annual reporting cycle, provide details of eligible PRO requirements, and declare and pay applicable environmental payments on behalf of sellers. Currently, Amazon will not charge a service fee for withholding this service, and if a fee is required, Amazon will notify in advance. Amazon will later inform sellers about the details of the chargeback process. The Extended Producer Responsibility Education page for each Extended Producer Responsibility commodity classification will also be updated at a later stage, with reporting cycles provided.
If the seller then registers and declares by himself and pays the environmental protection payment to the selected producer responsibility organization, the fee that Amazon has withheld and paid cannot be refunded, but as long as a valid UIN code is uploaded, Amazon will start from the declaration cycle. , stop withholding and payment. You can only benefit from the ecological adjustment fee when you self-register and declare and pay the environmental protection fee.