At some point not too long ago, we all learned the importance of staying hydrated. Suddenly, we started seeing everyone walking around with water bottles in their hands. We were also told the importance of saving the environment and how reducing the use of plastic bottles is a good way.
Now we've got to a point where most people have their own little isolated water bottle that they sip all day. Our own hot metal sports water bottle:
There is nothing new about this concept. This is not an emerging niche or trend that has been done time and time again. The major players in this space produce quality products, they seem to have a lot of happy customers, and they make a lot of money:
This is a perfect private label product. It's simple, sturdy, and advertises itself because customers carry it around in public. It sells well and is lucrative. You might be asking yourself, why would anyone bother to enter such an incredibly competitive field?
While this product has its utility, it's also so widespread that it's increasingly becoming a fashion accessory rather than a utility item. This is where the opportunity lies. If you're a creative person who can delve into this niche, you can find ways to focus on what kind of features will convince people to buy this particular "accessory" rather than a simple water bottle.
Sometimes, when you browse Amazon for product ideas, you might overlook a nice niche. That's why we used the AMZScout-PRO extension to identify this niche. You can also do it yourself, it's easy to get started:
1) Install the AMZScout PRO extension and start a free trial.
2) Launch it on any Amazon page and you can see all the underlying information under the surface.
3) You can also use Market Score, which will give you a breakdown of whatever niche/page you're in to illustrate how difficult it is to enter that niche with a new offer.
4) You can also use the product history feature to view the sales graph and rank history for each product on the page, as well as cumulative statistics for the entire segment.
5) You can also view individual product ratings, divided into private label (PL) ratings and resale product ratings.
In conclusion, if you come across a niche that seems impenetrable, if you look closely, you might notice some cracks in its barrier. This used to be an emerging private label niche, but each market has gone through different stages. This might just be the right moment for this niche to start to be seen as a fashion statement. This method requires some finesse and some special skills, but is doable for anyone with the right skills. Good luck to the seller!