United States: Infant comfort chair standard ASTM F2167-19 released
June 2019 — Related Products: Toys and Children's Products
Recently, the ASTM F2167-191 Standard for Safety Specifications for Infant Comfort Chairs was released, which supersedes the previous version of the ASTM F2167-2017 standard.
In this revision, major changes include clarifying test methods and updating marking and labeling requirements. The main points of changes in the ASTM F2167-19 standard are summarized as follows:
Chapter 7 Test Methods
1. In Section 7.11 Drop Hazard Label Visibility Test, added more criteria on how to judge the visibility of warnings when constraining the simulated baby model on the comfort chair. And a schematic diagram of the area where warning labels are allowed to be attached is given.
– Added a note to clarify that the placement of warnings only applies to the English part of the warning label.
– Moved fall hazard warning graphic to Chapter 8 Marking and Labeling.
2. Chapter 8 Marking and Labeling
– Updated the wording of fall and suffocation hazard warnings;
– Moved the warning statement icon on the instruction manual to chapter 9 instruction material
3. Chapter 9 Instruction Materials
– Added the warning statement for usage in Chapter 8 of the previous edition to the section 9.2 Warning Statements and Instruction Materials.
With our security solutions, you can:
1. Reduce the risk of liability for international market access
2. Through authoritative third-party certification, quickly enhance and expand the competitiveness of the global market
3. Analyze the product technical regulations of the new global countries
4. Provide you with one-stop service solutions such as technical consultation, evaluation, testing and certification
Shenzhen Wuxiang Testing Technology Co., Ltd., the testing expert around you! For details, please contact 18148564512 (Gong Yang)