As one of the more popular categories on the Amazon platform, electronic products have attracted the attention of many sellers. Currently, Amazon has become the top electronics retailer. It is understood that on the Amazon platform, 18% of sellers sell electronic products. However, as the number of sellers selling such products gradually increases, the auditing efforts of the platform are also increasing. Amazon requires UL reports, especially for battery products. Many sellers ask the same questions. How to deal with them? Don't worry, our company has dealt with many similar products and provided corresponding reports for many merchants, allowing them to successfully deal with this crisis.
Hand warmer UL499 test content
1. Methods and conditions: place the prototype on an insulating plane, and test the leakage current between bare non-charged metal parts or between the plastic casing (with the help of 10x20cm tin foil) and the uncharged conductor, and it is required to test the leakage current in the following cases :
2. Electric heating until thermal equilibrium
4. Requirements: leakage current ≤ 0.5mA.
(1) Methods and conditions: The prototype is connected to the adjustable voltage of 120v, 60Hz, fully heated, and the power under 120v and the voltage required to achieve the rated power are monitored.
(2) Requirements: 90% of nominal power ≤ test power ≤ 105% of nominal power.
3. Leakage current test under tidal state
(1) Methods and conditions: The test sample was placed in a tidal state with a relative humidity of 88 ± 2% and 32 ± 2 °C for 48 hours, and then took out the following leakage current tests until the leakage current was stable:
b) 0~5s after heating, 5s~5min, 5min~heat balance
(2) Requirements: leakage current ≤ 0.5mA.
4. Normal temperature rise test
(1) Methods and conditions: The prototype is placed on a cork board covered with two layers of white paper, the boiler is filled with water, and heated according to the electrical parameters in the power test until thermal equilibrium. A prototype should test the temperature field in the following three cases:
a) Flat position, no steam is released
b) Place it at an angle of 45 degrees and release a boiler water
c) Place it at an angle of 45 degrees, and continue to add water for 2 cycles after releasing a boiler water
(2) Requirements: the temperature rise does not exceed the standard
(1) Methods and conditions: The prototype is fully heated, and a sinusoidal voltage of 1000v, 60hz is applied between the charged body and the exposed non-charged metal parts, slowly adjusted from 0 to 1000v, and maintained at 1000v 1 minute.
(2) Requirements: no breakdown alarm.
(1) Methods and conditions: Prepare a 15-degree slope, and place the prototype on the slope in a way that can cause it to tip over.
(2) Requirements: The prototype should be kept stable.
(1) Methods and conditions: connect the metal parts of the prototype to 3A fuse to the ground, and power on the prototype according to the input parameters in the input power test (power supply is connected to the branch protection circuit of 15 amps) for dry burning for 7 hours or until the final result appears. Then fill the prototype with water and perform the following tests: a) High pressure resistance. b) Measure the leakage current of non-charged metal body to ground through 500 ohm resistance.
(2) Requirements: a) Neither protective device operates;
b) High voltage resistance and leakage current test passed;
c) Plastic parts do not burn, no metal melts, and no live objects can be touched.
(1) Methods and conditions: fill the prototype with water, remove the pressure relief valve, connect the water pressure pump, test the air pressure in the boiler, and work under power (the power circuit has a 15A protection branch circuit); the metal parts are connected to a 3A fuse After the water is completely released, dry for 7 hours or until the final result appears; after the above test is completed, refill with water for high pressure resistance, and use a 500 Ω resistance leakage current test.
(2) Requirements: a) The safety device does not operate;
b) High voltage resistance, leakage current test passed:
c) The plastic parts are not on fire and the metal is not melted.
9. Static pressure and strength test
(1) Method and test: Fill the boiler with water to drain the air, connect a hydraulic pump, slowly increase the pressure to 5 times the pressure that the pressure relief valve can bear, and keep it at this pressure for 1 minute.
(2) Requirements: the pot body does not leak or burst.
(1) Methods and conditions: short-circuit the thermostat, connect a 3A fuse, and select 120V or the voltage required to reach the rated power as the test voltage, until the fuse is disconnected, a total of 5 times.
(2) Requirements: a) 3A fuse does not operate;
b) The shell does not catch fire and no metal melts;
c) Live parts are not exposed.
(1) Methods and conditions: Hang a 35lb (about 15.9kg) heavy object from the power cord for 1 minute.
(2) Requirements: The power cord is not displaced, and the pulling force does not affect the internal wiring.
(1) Method and conditions: apply a
force until the wire bends or the thrust exceeds 6 lbf (approximately 26.7 Newtons).
(2) Requirements: The power cord is not damaged, and the creepage distance still meets the requirements.
13. Plastic deformation test
(1) Methods and conditions: The three prototypes were placed in an air-flowing oven for 7 hours, and the temperature was set to be 10 °C higher than the temperature of the plastic casing in the normal temperature rise, but not lower than 70 °C, and taken out after 7 hours. Check the housing for deformation.
(2) Requirements: The shell should not soften, shrink or crack, and it is not easy to touch the charged body.
(1) Methods and conditions: Three prototypes were tested, each prototype was dropped from a height of 3 feet (about 914.4mm) onto a hardboard, and the leakage current and high voltage resistance were tested after the drop.
(2) Requirements: a) No dents and fractures on the outer surface. b) The charged body is not exposed. C) The high-voltage leakage current test passed.
(1) Methods and conditions: Fill the boiler with water through a 3/8imch hole, and add 50% of the water (not more than 470mL) based on the capacity of the boiler. Then conduct leakage current and high voltage test.
(2) Requirements: a) The leakage current does not exceed 0.05mA, and it can withstand high voltage through. b) The charged body is not wet.
16. Grounding resistance test
Methods and conditions: The prototype is powered on, and the ohmmeter measures the resistance between the ground end of the power cord and the exposed non-charged metal parts.
17. Waterproof thermal ring aging test
(1) Method and conditions: 6 waterproof hot rings are placed in an air-flow oven for 7 hours, and the temperature is set according to the specified temperature, and the deformation is carefully checked after 7 hours.
(2) Requirements: The waterproof gasket has no cracks and no obvious deformation.
Amazon UL test report processing process: (1 week cycle, can be expedited)
1. Project application – submit a UL report application to the inspection and supervision agency.
2. Data preparation – According to the standard requirements, the enterprise prepares the relevant certification documents.
3. Product testing – the company sends the samples to be tested to the laboratory for testing.
4. Preparation of reports – certified engineers prepare reports based on qualified test data.
5. Submit for review – the engineer will review the complete report.
6. Issuing a certificate – After the report is verified and correct, a UL test report will be issued.