As early as August 2021 , some sellers received email notifications from Amazon requesting to update their company name or tax address to comply with the new German VAT regulations.
Recently, the Amazon platform released the latest announcement again:
From March 1 , 2023 , sellers who have not completed compliance operations beyond the 60 – day grace period will have their sales authority on the German site or the Fulfillment by Amazon function ( FBA ) on the German site will be restricted.
The new German VAT law requires that the sales partner 's company name and tax address on the "Tax Settings" page of Seller Central must match the data in the German Federal Central Tax Office's database.
How should sellers respond?
How should German website sellers who receive emails respond?
In short, you need to compare the name and address shown on the VAT Registration Confirmation (Bescheid über die Erteilung einer Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer) received from the German tax authorities to ensure that it matches the Amazon Seller Central business name and address be consistent.
If you find incorrect information on your VAT confirmation:
You can contact the appropriate German tax authority or your tax representative to provide updated information. After amending details, please attach confirmation from the tax authority and send via de-vat-number-appeals@ rir_h=qnhi Provide relevant supporting documents (English is recommended). If your modification is in progress and has not yet taken effect, you can also report the current modification progress to the Amazon team to avoid affecting your account status.
If you find incorrect information in Seller Central:
You can update your name or address information by following the instructions below and the Amazon team will verify your new details within 2-3 business days of receiving your email. (Be sure to only edit incorrect information, which could be just the name or just the address.)
for name mismatch
1. Access the Business & Contact Information tab from Identity Information by clicking the link below:
wxxojlccj?gg?un?=xurg ?/uho?qrir_h=qnhi /
2. Click "Click to provide information" next to the legal entity name so that you can update the legal business name;
3. After making changes, click "Save" below, and then click "Submit for Verification" at the top;
4. Email de-vat-number-appeals@ rir_h=qnhi Confirm your changes (English is recommended), and attach a screenshot of the modification. Note that this is required to confirm that you have taken appropriate action.
For address mismatch
1. Open the link below to view your tax settings:
2. Click the 'Edit' button next to the associated VAT number;
3. In the pop-up window, select the correct registration address or enter a new address;
Please note that if you are unable to select the correct address due to an error message, you must make changes in Company and Contact Information by clicking on the link below:
When you're done, go back to Tax Setup and select your registered business address in the pop-up window.
4. To de -vat-number-appeals@ rir_h=qnhi Send an email (English is recommended) with a screenshot of the new address in tax settings . Note that this is required to confirm that you have taken appropriate action.