Articles shared by Amazon sellers:
On April 14th, 3 SKUs on the US station suddenly had an inventory error, showing that they were not available for sale, opened a case question, and got a reply: "Because there is conflicting product information on the detail page or inconsistent with other product information for the same product, we Your item BXXXX could not be classified. Therefore, this item is prohibited for sale and inbound shipping. Update or confirm the information on the item detail page so that we can proceed with the review."
Later, I learned that the details page of the French station was inconsistent, and the changed brand customer service was also provided. I went to the front desk of the French station to search for the ASIN, but I couldn't find it alone. The page was not on sale. Since I didn't register for the European station, I couldn't go to the follow-up seller to check it.
Later, I saw a way – directly search for the modified brand, click on its product page, and then replace the ASIN in the link with my own, and then it will be displayed. It shows that the page title has been modified to vacuum cleaner. Products that need to be audited for dangerous goods.
I have found an agency to try to modify the brand and it is possible to modify it, but I did not let the agency modify all of it, just for testing.
Someone in the account manager group shared a piece of site tampering and ASIN delisting issues:
Other sellers have similar experiences: other sellers maliciously tampered with product information, changed it to adult products, and uploaded it to the German site across sites, resulting in their own sales market dangerous goods review, each review said that the information was inconsistent and failed to pass the review Resale.
At present, according to many sellers, several methods have been summarized for reference only:
1. First, carefully check the product editing information of your sales market to confirm whether it has been tampered with. If there is any, open CASE immediately.
2. Be sure to clarify which site has been maliciously tampered with information, which cannot be searched in the foreground. You need to find friends who have opened a European site, and let them search for your ASIN code through the page of adding new products, so as to find the connection page. If you have opened a European site, you can also search by yourself.
3. After clearly knowing which site information has been modified, take a screenshot, open CASE and ask the customer service to delete the ASIN link of that site. If the customer service says you don't have the right, you can open more cases. Not every customer service has the right to delete it across sites.
4. After confirming to delete the ASIN link, if you have opened the European site, you need to go to the European site to re-upload the ASIN and edit the corresponding information, which must be consistent with the sales market. If there is no European site, let a friend edit and upload it for you. I have asked customer service, it will not be related.
5. After the page is edited successfully, upload the dangerous goods review again. Wait patiently for 4 working days, and if it still doesn't work, contact Amazon's logistics team to appeal.
I tried to make a complaint in this way and asked Amazon to delete the French station page. The ordinary complaint in the background basically has no effective response, and the brand complaint can be quickly deleted.
After deleting the page on the French station, I was in trouble. I don't have a store on the European station, so I can't upload the updated page according to this method. I entrusted my friend to upload it twice, but the error 8541 appeared. I didn't let my friend continue to try it. I made a note on the dangerous goods review side of the reason why I was taken off the shelf. After 2 days, I passed the review and restored it. Sales.