Japan is one of the countries where China's products are exported the most. Whether it is sold on Amazon in Japan or sold locally in Japan, it needs to comply with the Japanese market access license (such as PSE certification).
Introduction to Japanese PSE Certification
PSE certification is a mandatory safety certification in Japan, which is used to prove that electrical and electronic products have passed the safety standard test of the Japanese Electrical and Material Safety Law (DENAN Law) or the international IEC standard. Japan's DENTORL Law (Electrical Devices and Materials Control Law) stipulates that 498 kinds of products entering the Japanese market must pass safety certification. Among them, 165 kinds of A -type products should obtain diamond-shaped PSE marks, and 333 kinds of B -type products should obtain circular PSE marks.
In Japan, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry ( METI ) is the regulatory agency responsible for the Electrical Appliance and Material Safety Law, which regulates the manufacture and sale of electrical and electronic products to prevent potential hazards. Electrical and electronic products stipulated in this law are divided into specific electrical appliances and materials ( Class A ) and non-specific electrical appliances and materials ( Class B ) importers of electrical appliances and materials (hereinafter referred to as "electrical Obligation to ensure that electrical appliances comply with the mandatory technical requirements and to affix the applicable PSE mark on electrical appliances before placing the electrical appliances on the market.
Materials to be prepared for Amazon Japan PSE certification
1. Application form for PSE certification
2. Factory inspection questionnaire (when applying for specific electrical appliances)
3. A copy of the business license of the applicant, manufacturer, and production plant
4. Product Manual
5. Explanation of the differences between various models of products in the same application unit
6. List of key components or main raw materials
7. Product size drawing, general assembly drawing and size drawing of each part
8. Authorization certificate issued by the manufacturer (when applicable)
9. Other required documents.
Amazon Japan PSE Certification Application Process
1. The applicant prepares samples, application forms and materials and submits them to the laboratory of the testing agency;
2. The laboratory conducts the test. If it is a PSE round shape, a statement letter will be issued by the laboratory of the testing agency;
3. For the PSE diamond shape, factory inspection is still required; for the time being, all domestic agencies are agents – the operation is more troublesome;
4. After passing the PSE diamond test and factory inspection, the certificate issuing agency will issue a PSE diamond certificate;
5. PSE circular: After the laboratory test is passed, a draft report is issued, and a formal report is issued after confirmation.
For more information, welcome to leave a message below to discuss each other. If you have a product that needs to apply for Japanese PSE certification, you can send a private message~