Recently, I have received many emails from sellers about Extended Producers Responsiblity! Therefore, this article will introduce EPR in detail from several aspects.
You are receiving this email because we have identified you as a producer selling products to the German and/or French market, subject to the Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) regulation. Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) is an environmental policy that holds producers accountable for the entire life cycle of the products they put on the market, from design to end-of-life (including waste collection and disposal). Beginning in 2022, if you store in France and/or Germany, Amazon will be obligated to confirm that you are compliant (EPR) in the country where you sell. Therefore, Amazon will collect and verify your EPR registration number. Amazon has created a dedicated help page where you can find detailed information on Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) requirements and how to prepare for the regulation. If you have not already done so, we recommend that you review the help pages above and take the appropriate steps to ensure that your product is EPR compliant.
EPR registration process
It is understood that the EPR registration process is mainly divided into three stages: registration, declaration, payment.
You will need to complete a one-time registration process to obtain the EPR registration number required to demonstrate compliance with the Extended Producer Responsibility requirements. After registration, you can get a registration number and submit it to Amazon. Each category will have its own EPR number.
Different countries have different reporting periods for different categories, and sales are required to be declared accordingly.
Sellers must pay an ecological contribution to the Producer Responsibility Organization PRO.
How to get EPR registration number?
After confirming that the product complies with the EPR commodity classification, the seller calculates the quantity that needs to be declared in the store for registration, and marks the product with relevant information after registration. At the same time, the seller needs to provide the platform with the registration certificate (registration certificate and registration number). The details are as follows:
1. If the seller is a producer of goods within the scope of the extended producer responsibility requirement, then it will be obliged to provide Amazon with the EPR registration number.
2. If the seller is a producer but does not have an EPR registration number, he needs to register to obtain an EPR registration number. The relevant Producer Responsibility Organization (PRO) for each EPR commodity classification must be contacted to obtain an EPR registration number.
3. If the seller is not a producer, but the seller wants to sell products that meet the extended producer responsibility requirements, it needs to obtain the applicable EPR registration number from the upstream supplier, and provide Amazon with the EPR registration number of the relevant product as proof of compliance .
4. If the seller is not a producer and cannot obtain the applicable EPR registration number from the upstream supplier, the seller needs to register and provide Amazon with its own EPR registration number.
What should I pay attention to when uploading the EPR registration number?
① Different EPR commodity classifications have separate registration numbers.
② Germany can use the following registration numbers as proof that you meet the requirements:
Packaging: Registrierungsnummer Electrical and Electronic Equipment: WEEE-Reg.-Nr.DE Battery: Batt-Reg.-Nr.DE2
③ In the future, France will unify the classification of different commodities into one UIN (“Identifiant Unique”), but it has not yet been unified.
Some questions about EPR
(1) Is EPR the packaging method?
German WEEE, packaging law, battery law, etc. all belong to the EPR category. EPR is actually a management system framework, practiced by many legislations, but EPR is not the name of a regulation
(2) How often do I need to report sales and make extended producer responsibility environmental payments?
Depending on the EPR Commodity Classification/Producer Responsibility Organization in each country, environmental payments related to Extended Producer Responsibility should be reported and paid on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis.
Consequences of not registering the EPR
Maybe some seller friends are wondering, what will happen if I don't register for EPR?
That's of course Amazon's tough line:
"Amazon will be obligated to suspend your non-compliant listings under the EPR listing."
Therefore, it is recommended that once you receive the email information, you should prepare the following information and register in time.
What information do you need to prepare for EPR registration?
Business License Scanning and Translation Store Information Product Information Product Estimated Sales Weight Application Form
The content of this issue is here