CPC certification is a children's product certificate (Children's Product Certificate, CPC) mainly for children under the age of 12 products, such as toys, cradles, children's clothing and so on. Produced in the United States, by the manufacturer, produced in other countries, by the importer. That is to say, cross-border sellers, as "importers", who want to sell products produced by Chinese factories to the United States, need to provide a CPC certificate to Amazon as a retailer/distributor.
Although it is called a "certificate", the CPC certificate is not issued by any official agency and does not need to be filed with the ** department. In essence, the CPC certificate is a "guarantee" drafted by the manufacturer/importer and is solely responsible for it. The CPC certificate declares that its product complies with all applicable children's product safety regulations and other laws and regulations in the United States.
Basic requirements for Amazon in the United States :
1. The CPC certificate must be based on the test results of a third-party testing laboratory accredited by CPSC;
2. The CPC certificate is issued by the seller, and the third-party laboratory can provide assistance in drafting the CPC certificate;
3. Children's products must comply with all relevant safety rules and regulations;
Suppliers who want to sell products produced in Chinese factories to the United States need to provide a CPC certificate to Amazon as a retailer/distributor. So what exactly is a CPC certificate, and where should I go to get a CPC certificate?
CPC Children's Product Certificate : means the issuance of a written Children's Product Certificate (CPC) in which a manufacturer or importer certifies that its children's product complies with all applicable Children's Product Safety Rules (or similar rules, bans, standards or provisions of any law enforced by the Commission) ) for this product.
The CPC certificate must be based on the test results of a CPSC-accredited third-party testing laboratory.
The CPSC has published a total of 38 standards,
CPSIA total lead and phthalates;
American toy standard ASTMF963;
Toy Safety Standard CFR1500 etc.
Such certificates can ensure the quality and safety of children's toys and will continue to escort the quality and safety of products.
Children are the flowers and hope of the country. With the improvement of living conditions, the consumption and demand of children's products are very large, especially children's toy products. However, the requirements for the quality of toy products in various countries are becoming more and more standardized. A brief introduction to children National certification requirements for toy products:
1. EU children's toys certification: EN71-1, EN71-2, EN71-3;
2. American children's toys certification: ASTM-F963, CPSC, CPSIA, CPC certification;
3. Japanese children's toys certification: ST-2016-1, ST-2016-2, ST-2016-3;
4. China Children's Toy Certification: CCC (GB6675);
As a major platform for foreign trade sales, Amazon has gradually standardized the control of product quality. Products sold on the Amazon platform must have corresponding test reports before they can be sold on the shelves. Therefore, Amazon US station requires CPC certification for toy products. It has been removed from the shelves. Below, Shenzhen Zhongjian Testing Technology Co., Ltd. will briefly introduce what CPC certification is, how to apply for CPC certification, and the process of CPC certification.
The scope of control of CPC certification for children's products
1. Title I-Children's Product Safety Chapter I-Children's Product Safety effective August 14, 2008
Sec.101. Children's products containing lead, lead paint rule (Section 101)
2. Sec. 102. Mandatory third party testing for certain children's product.
3. Sec.103.Tracking labels for children's products. Children's product tracking labels (section 103)
4. Sec.104. Standards and consumer registration of durable nursery products. Standards and consumer registration of durable baby products (section 104)
5. Sec.105. Labeling requirement for advertising toys and games. Labeling requirements for advertising toys and games (section 105)
6. Sec.106.Mandatory of toy safety standards. Mandatory toy safety standards (section 106)
7. Sec.107. Study of preventable injuries and death in minority children related to consumer products. (Section 107)
8. Sec.108.Prohibition on sale of certain products containing specific phthalates. Prohibition on sale of certain products containing specific phthalates (section 108)
Children's product CPC certification test
1. Children's product testing:
(1) Children's products must comply with relevant rules and safety regulations, and undergo mandatory third-party testing
(2) Testing must be carried out in a CPSC accredited laboratory
(3) Based on the third-party test results, the manufacturer or importer issues the CPC certificate, which can also be assisted by a third-party laboratory.
(4) Children's products must comply with all applicable rules or regulations
The content of the US toy CPC certification certificate
1. Product identification information covered by this certificate
2. Each CPSC Children's Product Safety Regulation referenced by the certified product
3. The company information of the US importer or manufacturer that needs to be certified
4. Contact information of test data maintenance personnel
5. Product production date and production address
6. Date and address of CPS compliance testing
7. CPSC-approved third-party laboratories that perform compliance testing required for certification
US Toys CPC Certification Test Type
1. Initial test: the first test of the product
2. Material change test: If there is a change in the material, test it
3. Periodic test: As a supplement to the material change test, if there is continuous production, no material change must be performed at least once a year.
4. Component testing: In general, the finished product is tested, and in some specific cases, all components can be tested to prove the compliance of the final product.
5. Children's Product Certificate The children's product certificate can only be tested by an accredited third-party testing laboratory, and the certificate is issued based on the test report.
US toy CPC certification test requirements
1. Children's products must comply with relevant rules and safety regulations, and undergo mandatory third-party testing
2. The test must be carried out in a CPSC-approved laboratory
3. Based on the third-party test results, the manufacturer or importer issues the CPC certificate, which can also be issued with the assistance of a third-party laboratory.
CPC and supporting test reports must be in English