In the past two days, most Amazon sellers have received an email from Amazon’s official title titled [Your 2022 Selling on Amazon statement related to France activities is ready]. The platform will send the 2022 sales data of the seller who received this email to the French tax office.
Why did the seller receive this email?
Don't panic, this is a routine operation on the Amazon platform, and it is not targeted at certain sellers, but sent to sellers on Amazon Europe. In response to VAT fraud, the French Revenue Agency has published guidance on legislative changes introduced by Article 10 of Law 2018-898. Requires online platforms to provide the tax office with information on each seller's tax liability for each activity they carry out in France. The document sent by Amazon is a notification type, which is to let the seller remember to declare truthfully and register the tax number, otherwise there will be problems such as tax inspection and store closure. Sellers will receive such emails at this time every year in the future. Sellers who have registered for French VAT and have made compliant tax declarations do not need to ignore such letters. Sellers who have not registered for French VAT should pay attention. If the French tax agency evaluates that the seller's sales in France do not meet the relevant tax requirements, the platform may close the seller's account.
According to the requirements of France, if the seller meets any of the following conditions, he needs to register and declare French VAT
1. The seller's company is established in France and the total annual sales in all sales channels exceed 82,800 euros ;
2. There is commodity storage or warehouse in France ;
3. Ship from the French warehouse to local consumers or other consumers in the EU ;
4. The annual total of distance sales in the EU exceeds 10,000 euros, and the seller does not participate in the OSS one-stop reporting system plan. ;
In France, a tax agency system is implemented. The tax bureau does not accept individual applications for VAT, but only accepts applications from French VAT tax representatives. If the seller needs to register a French VAT tax number, he must prepare the following materials and entrust a local tax representative to apply on his behalf. Liqing can provide sellers with the service of applying for a French VAT tax number, and the number can be issued within 6-8 weeks]
Information required for VAT registration:
1. The original business license, and a French translation is required ;
2. Legal person ID card 3. Legal person identity card (passport) ;
4. The account name of the cross-border e-commerce platform seller (in English) ;
5. Company line letter (for signing power of attorney) .
In addition, customers need to provide:
1. The name of the legal person or personal representative (Chinese and pinyin) ;
2. The date of birth of the legal representative or individual ;
3. Registered address of the company or individual business (Chinese and English) ;
4. The English name of the company (should be consistent with the name of Amazon or eBay or other platforms) ;
5. The company's business license number ;
6. The company's business start date ;
7. The main business scope of the company (personal) store, screenshots of the store (such as furniture, clothing, outdoor products, etc.) ;
8. Domestic tax number ;
9. Contact number and email ;
10. Company website ;
11. Estimated 12-month sales turnover in France (in British pounds) ;
12. The start date of VAT registration ;
13. French bank account (if any) ;
14. Estimated total taxable turnover in the next 12 months ;
15. It is estimated that there will be zero tax declaration turnover in the next 12 months .
Tax compliance in the EU has always been relatively strict. It is recommended that sellers operate in compliance and make tax declarations according to local requirements. The above is the sharing of cross-border taxation knowledge today. For more cross-border information, please pay attention to Wanliqing’s cross-border public account!