The Amazon Seller Central dashboard has a nifty tool that allows sellers to bulk edit Amazon listings. Now, if you're used to selling one or two products on Amazon, bulk editing might not sound all that useful. But for sellers who maintain large catalogs (sometimes over 10,000 SKUs), this is an invaluable feature!
If it’s your first time bulk editing Amazon listings, it might be confusing, but don’t worry; this post is a step-by-step guide (along with screenshots) on how to quickly and easily bulk edit your product listings .
How to Bulk Edit Amazon Listings
1. Log in to your Amazon Seller Central account, select the drop-down menu in the upper left corner of the screen, hover over a catalog , and select the Add product via upload option.
2. First go to the Download Spreadsheet section and select the template you need
3. Select the market you need
4. Scroll down to step 1. Here, you have to select the exact category of the product or the category in which you wish to add the new product (this feature also allows sellers to bulk upload products on Amazon) . For example, we selected Home & Kitchen > Kitchen & Dining > Wine Accessories > Wine Glasses .
5. Validate your selection by viewing the selected product summary located below the product category options .
6. Scroll down the page further to step 2 and select your Amazon marketplace.
7. Click the Generate Template button below Step 3 : Select the type of template section. The Excel file (.xlsm) will automatically download to your device.
7. Open the Excel file and select the Templates tab at the bottom (as shown) . You must fill in the required Amazon product details in this section.
8. The Templates tab contains blank sections that sellers must fill out and each “section,” which is a single-colored row and column that represents a different aspect of the product detail page. The most important area here is the orange part that you must complete. As for the rest of the field content, fill in as much as possible. Don't worry if your Excel file contains different values than those shown in the image below, as the details vary by product category.
9. If you are not sure what values to add in certain areas of the Excel file, select the Valid Values tab (next to the Templates tab) for more details. Again, this is not a required step; it's just there to help new sellers or those who are bulk uploading Amazon products for the first time choose the correct value.
10. Save the file when you are done adding product information. Then, go back to your Seller Central account and this time, go to " Upload your inventory file " in the "Add a product via upload" section.
11. Click the Browse File button to upload your Excel file. Next, enter your email address to find out when the upload is complete (or if there was a problem uploading the file) . Finally, click the upload button.
Note: The time it takes Amazon to process and implement bulk upload changes depends on the extent of the changes made in the Excel file.
That's it. Go through the process multiple times and you won't need to search for guides anymore!
Time to answer some frequently asked questions.
What is a flat file upload?
Flat files are Excel documents that Amazon sellers download and use to make numerous changes to their product listings. The Excel sheet contains empty fields for information that needs to be displayed on the detail page front and back. Flat files allow you to change product prices, improve SEO, and enhance your customers' shopping experience.
What are the important fields you need to fill out in Flat File Amazon?
The most important or required columns in the Amazon flat file appear on the far left of the Templates tab . Populate each row and column in this section by selecting the correct field values from the drop-down options. Also, you must fill in the required fields like product price, type, brand name, picture, etc.
The Bulk Edit Products tool is a must-have feature for bulk uploading a bunch of products or editing listings. Common reasons for bulk editing your listing include holiday markdowns, mass removal of underperforming ASINs, changing product attributes, inventory management, and most importantly listing optimization.
Local American influencer celebrity buyer show video/picture, main picture video, more cross-border e-commerce information public account: cross-border video cici