It is understood that this is the third time Amazon has adjusted its logistics costs this year, and it has only reached the end of April.
● In January, the price of FBA logistics increased across the board;
● Multi-channel delivery fees and disposal fees also increased in March;
● Significant increase in fuel bills in April!
Seeing that in May, FBA at the European station also came to join in the fun to raise prices! However, the percentage charged will be less, which is not good news.
will increase by 4.3%
● On April 20, Amazon's European station announced that it would impose a 4.3% surcharge on third-party sellers to offset the challenges of rising fuel costs and inflation.
In addition, Amazon said: From May 12th, the Amazon platform will collect 4.3% fuel on the basis of the logistics (FBA) delivery fee in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and Spain. and an inflation surcharge.
So this means that the average delivery cost per item in the UK will increase by £0.10.
However, once the price increase notice was released, there was still a commotion in the cross-border circle. Some people think it makes sense, but they didn't expect it to happen so quickly. …
Some people are more afraid, will Nichia also follow in its footsteps..
But in fact, this is not the first time that Amazon's European station has raised prices. "Amazon's food is really ugly. How long has it been before the price has been raised, which is outrageous. When can my salary be raised like this.." A seller said.
Amazon's back and forth this year has also led many sellers to reduce their dependence on Amazon. …
Sellers' "De-Amazonization" Sentiment Rising
1. High and increasing operating costs;
2. Amazon closed the accounts of a large number of Chinese sellers and froze a large amount of their funds;
3. Amazon does not give sellers access to consumer data.
Some sellers choose the Walmart platform , and some choose independent websites . Walmart has added 1W+ new sellers from China since it opened last year. In the short term, the independent station has not undergone any major changes.
On the one hand, sellers’ technology in building independent websites is still relatively weak; on the other hand, Amazon’s huge traffic is still the best carrier for sellers to go overseas.
The editor wants to say here: as the so-called, the universe is not a horse, you and I are both dark horses.
Whether you want to be an independent website or an Amazon, each has its own difficulties. Although it seems that it is not bound by the platform, it does not actually enjoy platform benefits.
● Zorui reminds sellers here: Maybe as a platform, Amazon is not very perfect. As a seller, you don't need to be so anxious. As the saying goes, soldiers will block water and soil. For Amazon's policy changes, sellers should make appropriate adjustments in a timely manner. The following are some measures that can be taken:
First: raise the price
Due to the increase in distribution costs, the quotation can be appropriately increased to compensate for the higher distribution costs, so as not to lose money and cause greater losses.
Second: FBM delivery
Because the surcharge only affects the cost of FBA, you can learn more about FBM shipments
Third: Attract external traffic to your listing
First, if you can lower your PPC fees, sellers can cut costs. Instead of relying too heavily on paid advertising, target content first and try to drive external traffic to your product listings.