On January 1, 2021, the United Kingdom officially leaves the European Union. After that, the newly registered EU trademark will no longer be effective in the UK. To enter the UK market, Amazon or cross-border e-commerce sellers must register the UK trademark separately.
1. Possess the exclusive right to use a British trademark, which can ensure the smooth development of the brand in the United Kingdom;
2. The UK has officially left the EU. If you need to create a European brand, you need to register a separate trademark in the UK.
3. Registering a British trademark can enter the European Amazon site to help register the brand in the British e-commerce business, protect products, and prevent competitive sales and other follow-up sales.
1. Submit the applicant's name, address and nationality. (Individual name to provide identity certificate; enterprise to provide a photocopy of the company's business license)
2. Provide the Chinese or English name of the trademark;
3. Provide a clear trademark pattern LOGO;
4. Designate the category of goods or services for which the trademark is applied;
1. You submit the information, and China Hong Kong Star will submit the trademark application and submit it to the British Trademark Office for processing;
2. Trademark examination: it includes two stages: formal examination and substantive examination; after the formal examination is passed, a notice of acceptance can be issued, and then the substantive examination of the trademark is carried out;
3. Trademark announcement: After the application for registration of the trademark has passed the examination, it will be announced. The announcement period is 3 months, and anyone can raise an objection during this period. (If there is an objection, an objection defense is required)
4. Certificate below: After the trademark successfully passes the announcement period, the electronic version of the trademark registration certificate will be sent as soon as possible, and the trademark registration certificate will be mailed free of charge.
1. Official receipt time: 1~2 months.
2. UK trademark registration time: 4-6 months.
3. UK trademark validity: 10 years.
The UK does not require a Power of Attorney for Trademark Application to be submitted at the time of filing a trademark application. That is to say, you are not allowed to submit your application yourself, and you need to find a special British attorney to submit it. Therefore, when you register an overseas trademark, you can find an agency for registration, which not only saves costs but also saves time;
By the way, many developed countries do not need a power of attorney when applying for trademarks in the United States, Canada, Singapore and other countries.
One mark with multiple classes means that one trademark applies for multiple trademark classes, but there is only one trademark application number. You can apply for a multi-class trademark in the UK.
UK trademark applications do not require the submission of evidence of trademark use as is the case with US trademark applications.
A trademark registration in the UK can be cancelled for non-use at the request of a third party if it has not been used within five years of registration.