Previously, Amazon issued an important notice requiring all sellers to provide a REACH compliance statement or REACH heavy metal test report.
Part of the text is as follows:
We need you to submit one of the following documents:
A REACH declaration of conformity drawn up by the manufacturer. The declaration should also mention any substances of very high concern (SVHC) contained in the product.
A REACH heavy metal test report showing that all components of your product comply with REACH heavy metal thresholds
If you are submitting a REACH declaration of conformity, it should meet the following requirements:
– Any substances of very high concern (SVHCs) contained in the product must be mentioned
– Please refer to Articles 23, 27 and 63 of Appendix XVl
1. Identify the product in the statement (identify the traceable jewelry product, it can be ASIN, FNSKU, MSKU or a sufficiently clear color picture if necessary)
– Contains the signature, name and title of the person who signed the document and the date it was signed
If you submit a REACH heavy metal test report, it should meet the following requirements:
One shows that all components of your product meet the REAH heavy metal threshold
1. Identify the product being tested (identify the traceable jewelry product: it can be ASIN, FNSKU, MSKU or a sufficiently clear color picture if necessary)
Jewelry is closely related to people's lives, even in direct contact with the skin. Therefore, it is extremely important whether the product is safe, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly. Countries around the world have strict restrictions on toxic and harmful substances in jewelry, especially for children's jewelry, such as the European Union The United States, Canada, Japan, and China have all established various regulations and standards to strictly control jewelry and imitation jewelry on the market. Generally speaking, the toxic and harmful substances in jewelry are mainly heavy metals and phthalates.
2. Which accessories need to do the Amazon REACH test for SVHC, lead, cadmium, and magnesium release testing?
In Amazon, it is forbidden to sell products that exceed the restriction levels specified in Appendix XVII. For some products, Amazon requires manufacturers to provide REACH declarations or test reports that prove that the products comply with the content limits of cadmium, magnesium and lead in the REACH regulations. These commodities include:
1. Jewelry and imitation jewelry worn on the wrist and ankle, such as bracelets and anklets
2. Jewelry and imitation jewelry worn on the neck, such as necklaces
3. Jewelry and imitation jewelry that pierce the skin, such as earrings and piercing goods
4. Jewelry and imitation jewelry worn on fingers and toes, such as rings and toe rings.Common ones are: earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets, anklets, clavicle chains, sweater chains, bracelets, children's toy accessories
Amazon recently also strictly inspected the REACH heavy metal + chrome VI of metal buckle belts
How does REACH affect the goods sold?
To comply with applicable laws and regulations, Amazon prohibits the sale of Products that exceed the restriction levels set forth in Appendix XVII. For certain products, Amazon requires the manufacturer to provide a REACH declaration or test report demonstrating that the product complies with the limits for cadmium, nickel, and lead contained in the REACH regulation.
These commodities include:
– jewelry and imitation jewelry worn on wrists and ankles, such as bracelets and anklets
– jewelry and imitation jewelry worn around the neck, such as necklaces
– Jewelry and imitation jewelry that pierce the skin, such as earrings and piercings
– jewelry and imitation jewelry worn on fingers and toes, such as rings and toe rings
Additionally, Amazon or market regulators may conduct physical inspection of the listing, which may require further information or suspend sales, so please ensure that all required compliance documentation is provided for all listings in order to apply for reinstatement.