Is FCC certification mandatory?
All electrical and electronic products sold to the United States need to pass FCC certification before customs clearance. It is a compulsory certification for sales in the United States! FCC certification only controls EMI in EMC.
FCC certification form;
1. FCC SDOC certification: (FCC SDOC is mainly aimed at ordinary electronic and electrical products, the more typical products are traditional home appliances, traditional lamps and other products without wireless functions)
2. FCC ID certification: (certification for wireless products, such as: mobile phones, tablet computers, Bluetooth audio and other wireless radio frequency products)
Special attention: FCC ID first application needs to apply for GC code:
When doing the US FCC-ID certification, there will be a GC number, which is similar to the domestic organization code number, and each company corresponds to a unique GC number.
There is a fee to apply for this GC number. Each fee is about 500 RMB. You can apply by yourself, or you can ask the laboratory to help you apply.
FCC ID = Grantee Code + Product Code
a>. Grantee Code is the company code registered on the FCC official website, which consists of 5 digits or letters.
The 5-digit number is provided by the FCC, not by the customer. Once the application is successful, it becomes a fixed number as the first 5-digit code for all the company's FCC ID numbers.
1. The manufacturer or agent submits an oral or written preliminary application to the certification company.
2. The applicant fills in the application form, and sends the application form, product instruction manual and technical documents to the certification company Unitest, and a prototype if necessary.
3. The certification company draws up plans and quotes.
4. The applicant confirms the quotation, signs the quotation back, and sends the samples and related technical documents to the certification company.
5. The applicant provides technical documents.
6. The certification company issues a fee notice to the applicant, and the applicant prepays the certification fee according to the fee notice.
7. The certification company reviews the technical documents and organizes relevant certification activities.
8. If the technical documents are incomplete or the specified language is not used, the certification company will notify the applicant to improve.
9. If the test fails, the certification company will promptly notify the applicant and decide whether to suspend the project, allowing the applicant to improve the product. The applicant should make changes to the technical data in the original application so as to reflect the actual situation after the changes.
10. For the rectification fees involved in Articles 9 and 10 on this page, the certification company will issue a notice of supplementary fees to the applicant.
11. The applicant shall pay the rectification fee according to the requirements of the supplementary fee notice.
12. The certification company provides the applicant with test reports or technical documents and certificates.
Steps 1 to 2 are equivalent to IC certification
13. Test report and data submission/TCB agency review and certification.
Unitest is an independent third-party testing and certification organization, specializing in providing certification services. If you have related products that need to be tested, please contact Unitest.