If you want to do well on Amazon, as the saying goes: seven points depend on product selection, and three points depend on operation . Most entrepreneurs do not invest in the Amazon industry with millions of dollars. Entrepreneurs often only have tens of thousands of dollars and want to realize the "Western Gold Rush Dream" through their own efforts.
Compared with professional e-commerce sellers, entrepreneurs are much different in terms of professionalism and teamwork. In this case, store selection is particularly important.
For junior sellers, trial and error costs are limited, experience and energy are limited, and product selection is already the most important part of Amazon's junior sellers . Today we will talk about the selection skills of Amazon's primary store.
Several questions to consider before choosing a product
Product potential market analysis to determine consumer demand, product profit, product patent property rights, supply advantage
Specific selection operation process
1. The price of the selected products should be positioned between 13 and 40 US dollars. The higher the product price, the greater the risk.
2. Try to choose categories with an average price lower than the same industry.
3. Follow the principle of profit priority, the profit of new products is too low, which will increase the operating cost invisibly, and the anti-risk ability of the store will also be reduced accordingly.
1. In the early stage of operation, the store should develop vertical fields, and should not try "grocery stores" with multiple categories coexisting.
2. At present, the categories with great development potential are: 3c electronic products, pet products, sports and fitness products, and kitchen storage products.
3. When selecting products, you can choose substitutes for popular products, products with cost advantages, and products with distance advantages.
4. Try not to choose products that require category review. For products that need to be reviewed, not only the product review procedures are cumbersome, but also the review cycle is long, which will increase your time cost.
5. Try to choose products that are not easy to buy offline, so that it is easier to get natural traffic.
3. Competitive analysis
1. First of all, avoid the category of monopoly oligopolistic brands.
Amazon has opened third-party sellers to stay for many years, and Amazon has more and more product categories. Some of these sellers have strength, technology, and resources. The first entrants have made their brands bigger and stronger. Basically in a monopoly position in the industry, there is very little room for novice sellers to develop.
2. Secondly, look at the sales ranking of the product. Pay attention to observe whether the sales gap between the top ten and the top 100 is not large. If the gap is large, it means that the product has a high monopoly, and the probability that the new product can be made after entering the market is very small. .
3. Finally, try to find 10 products of the same category, observe the ranking of the products, the speed of customer comments and the price margin, and find out the advantages and disadvantages of competing products.
4. Transportation cost
1. Primary Amazon sellers should follow the principles of easy transportation, strong durability, and small size, and try to choose products with a weight of no more than 500g as the first test product to enter Amazon, so as to reduce investment risks.
2. Exclude sensitive goods, dangerous goods and other categories. Sensitive goods refer to some liquid, powdery, battery-operated, and odorous products. Many first-pass service providers are unwilling to accept these products, and they need to be operated by those who can take the first-pass of sensitive goods, so this is invisible. Which increases the difficulty and cost of delivery.
Five, the selection taboo
1. Select the range of products. Products cannot be infringed, and infringing products will close the store. (Check the website of the Commodity Office and Patent Office of the country corresponding to the search site)
2. Can not choose fake and shoddy, high imitation, copycat products
3. Junior Amazon sellers are not recommended to contact SKU products, cosmetics, and health care products