For merchants who are Amazon cross-border e-commerce merchants, logistics and delivery is a very important part of the store operation process, which is related to the entire cost input.
How are Amazon storage fees charged?
1. The calculation formula of overseas storage fee: overseas storage fee = first-way freight + storage and disposal fee + local delivery fee.
2. First-way freight: freight from China to overseas warehouses.
3. Storage and disposal fees: Storage fees incurred when the goods are stored in overseas warehouses and disposal fees incurred before the warehouse distributes the goods.
4. Local delivery fee: Local delivery fee refers to the local express fee incurred when the goods are delivered in the country and region of the delivery place.
On the 15th of each month, Amazon Logistics will conduct an inventory count and charge a long-term storage fee for goods that have been stored in Amazon's warehouse for more than 365 days. Take Amazon's US site as an example, the charging standards are as follows:
Long-term storage fees are charged at $6.90 per cubic foot, or $0.15 per item, whichever is greater.
Many sellers in overseas warehouses are using them, but it is still recommended to put more popular products that do not hold inventory in overseas warehouses. After all, the cost of overseas warehouses is indeed not cheap.
Amazon's delivery methods are mainly divided into three types, self-delivery, overseas warehouse, and FBA:
1. Self-delivery FBM
Self-delivery refers to the mode in which the seller packs the goods and ships them domestically after the buyer places an order; the after-sales process involved in it is the seller's responsibility.
Sellers who choose this delivery mode generally choose international express or air freight lines in order to ensure faster timeliness, and then the logistics company will arrange for delivery to buyers.
The self-delivery model is more suitable for some distribution and sellers with low order volume, because there is no need to hoard goods; but the overall logistics cost is relatively higher, and the choice is more flexible.
2. Overseas warehouse
Overseas warehouse is a delivery mode developed in the last two years, and now more and more Amazon cross-border e-commerce sellers choose this method for delivery.Because it belongs to local delivery, it has the advantage of fast timeliness.
Effectively enhance the shopping experience of buyers.
There are also many overseas warehouses that also provide first-way transportation services, so one-stop services from product transportation to delivery can be realized.But because the goods need to be stored in overseas warehouses, there will be a warehousing
For high-quality sellers with relatively large shipments, it will be more advantageous to choose overseas warehouses.
The full name of FBA is "Fullfillment by Amazon", which is Amazon's logistics service. The Amazon platform provides logistics services for warehousing, packaging, delivery, and returns.In addition to Amazon sellers can use, some other platforms
Taiwan's cross-border e-commerce can also use FBA for delivery.
Products that have opened the FBA service can get more exposure and display on the Amazon platform, making the products more competitive compared to stores that choose other delivery modes, and if there are problems, sellers can also
Find Amazon to file a complaint to protect your rights.
Finally, I will summarize the advantages and disadvantages of these three delivery modes:
1. The transportation cost of self-delivery is relatively high, but sellers do not need to store their own goods abroad, and do not need to worry about the backlog of inventory;
2. Overseas warehouses are suitable for sellers with large orders. If the order is not large, it is the choice of merchants, and it is easy to hoard goods.
3. FBA has the highest cost and obvious advantages, and is suitable for some sellers with high profits and large orders.
Taobo Supply Chain focuses on cross-border e-commerce services, providing Amazon FBA first journey and overseas warehouse agency services, FBA Mason limited time delivery , US Amazon FBA Mason Kapai , US FBA shipping package tax , FBA Star Kapai, FBA first journey Air dispatch , European FBA, Qatar Airways and other first-haul channels can be selected. There are existing US overseas warehouses, UK overseas warehouses, Canadian overseas warehouses, Australian overseas warehouses, etc., which can be stored for one-piece delivery, and docked with local high-quality logistics service providers 1- 3 days for delivery. For more details, please visit the official website of TOBO Supply Chain.