If you sell pet hair dryers on Amazon, you need to submit a Japanese PSE certification METI record before you can sell on Amazon.
Pet dryers are specific to pet hair dryers that blow pet hair in the low temperature range , mainly for cats and dogs. Dryers for pets include arm type, stand type and freehand type. Also includes a blower.
Documents required for Japan METI filing
1. PSE certificate and report
2. Instructions and specifications in English or Japanese
3. Warranty Statement
4. Application form (to be filled out according to the PSE certificate)
5. Product pictures
Japanese importer business license (if you are looking for an intermediary agent, you do not need to provide this information)
Japan Electrical Appliances and Materials Safety Act ( PSE )
Non-designated electrical equipment and materials ( PSE )
1. A copy of the business record for manufacturing or importing electrical equipment and materials. The copy must contain the receipt seal and type classification table of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) of Japan; or, information related to the manufacture or import of electrical equipment and materials (including the type classification table) registered with the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry's "Security Net "
2. Label photo ( PSE logo and notified supplier name and registered conformity assessment agency name and rated voltage, etc. must be clearly displayed on the commodity)
3. If there is a discrepancy between the name of the notifier on the label and the name in the business notice, please provide a certificate approved by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan.
4. Inspection records (all final goods must be tested)
For products that have obtained S -mark certification:
If your product has obtained S mark certification, it is also valid to provide the following documents:
1. A copy of the business record for the manufacture or import of electrical equipment and materials (the copy must contain the receipt seal and type classification table of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) of Japan); Information on equipment and materials (including type classification tables)
2. S mark certification (this document must contain information such as the model and rated voltage of the product, and must be consistent with the ASIN model; in addition, please provide the correspondence table between the product model and the ASIN ).
Japan METI filing process
1. Submit complete information, see below for the list of information
2. Japanese importers submit information to the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
3. The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan examines and records
4. Issue the original letter + electronic file
Remember: Japan 's METI filing needs to apply to Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and the applicant must be a locally registered trading company in Japan.