Canada Amazon platform children's toys CCPSA certification requirements
November 25, 2016 Canada issued /2016-302  Amendment to the Toy Regulations (/2011-17) . This revision mainly updates some content and changes the management rules, but does not make major changes to the manufacturer's responsibility.
The revisions include:
· Add "good scientific practice" and "empirical data". The above new definitions are listed in Programs 2 and 3.
· Changed some content in Chapter 7 "Small Parts". The relevant requirements remain unchanged.
· Chapters 26 and 27 are simplified and presented more clearly. The Phthalates Regulation (/2016-188) is removed; however, the Phthalates Regulation is still binding on toys. Remove food grade plastic requirement.
· Complete removal of toy battery requirements in Chapter 43 and Program 9. Removed the requirements for battery structure related to toy batteries.
· The content of product toxicity in Program 2 and Program 3 has been revised.
In Canada, all toys used by children 12 and under must meet federal safety standards under the Canadian Consumer Product Act (CCPSA), including:
* Canadian Toy Regulations (/2011-17)
*Lead Consumer Products Regulations (/2018-17)
*Phthalate Regulations (/2016-188)
*Regulations on Surface Coating Materials (/2016-193)
Canada Amazon Children's Toys CCPSA Certification Process
1. Provide sample diagrams;
2. Confirm testing standards and regulations;
3. Provide physical sample testing
For details, please consult Jinda Testing Li Gong: l8938040l50