How can Amazon sellers avoid infringement bans? Don't blindly follow the trend, you may be the next one!
1. Why should we pay attention to infringement?
Sellers who have just entered Amazon must know that infringement is a very serious violation, and the way the platform handles it is very different from that in China. Amazon has zero tolerance for infringement. The most common case is that accounts are restricted from sales, including listings being removed from the shelves and stores being closed and funds being frozen.
2. Common types of infringement
1. Copyright: Infringement of copyright, usually refers to the infringement of the author's copyright. This kind of infringement is rarely encountered by Chinese sellers.
The focus of copyright protection is on original works. Regardless of whether the copyright registration is done, the author enjoys the copyright, but without the copyright registration, it is difficult to prove the original author.
Amazon's copyright infringement cases generally involve copyright infringement of classic images and misappropriation of other people's images.
2. Trademark rights: This refers to the act of using the other party's trademark or Logo without the official authorization of the product brand.
Trademark search website:
US Trademark Office:
EU Trademark Office:
UK Trademark Office:
Japan Trademark Office:
3. Invention patent rights: Patent rights protect novel technologies. There are three types of patents—design patents, utility patents, and invention patents.
(1) Appearance patent: It refers to a new design of the shape, pattern, color or combination of the product that is full of beauty and suitable for industrial application. Design refers to the design of industrial products, that is, the style of industrial products.Appearance patents with more than 60% similarity are regarded as infringing fakes
(2) Utility patent right: refers to a new technical solution suitable for practical use proposed for the shape, structure or combination of a product, sometimes called a small invention or a small patent, which is more practical.
(3) Invention patent right: A product has an invention patent right, and it cannot be produced and sold without permission, that is, an imitation product.
Appearance patent inquiry website:
US Patent Office:
European Patent Office:
UK Patent Office:
Japan Patent Office:
4. Image infringement: Image infringement generally occurs between third-party sellers. The seller who took the original image can use the original image to complain directly. In fact, there are many image processing studios, and sellers can easily handle image design problems. However, various picture design agencies are uneven, and sellers need to be careful in their selection.
3. How Amazon novice sellers avoid infringement
1. Pay attention to self-examination when selecting products
Sellers should have a thorough understanding of the selected products, and do basic intellectual property inquiries before selecting products. Use patent search and trademark search to filter brand names, not just trademarks, thus ignoring copyrights and patents.
2. Pay attention to the pictures and texts of the Listing
The text and pictures in the creation of a new listing cannot be infringed. Make sure that the title and listing are original or have obtained the permission of the intellectual property owner. Do not arbitrarily add non-original logos to product pictures, and do not add non-original logos to the listing. Fill in the brand name of the non-own brand in the text.
3. Understand the supply information of the product
Before a seller makes a product, it is best to ask the supplier about the product information, to which sellers the product is provided, and whether it can be listed on Amazon to avoid infringement.