Off-site drainage is a very important way for sellers to gain traffic. So what are the ways to drain traffic off the site? Which scenarios are suitable for each? What are the playstyles that we should refer to and learn from? The following will explain them one by one.
●Why use off-site traffic?●
• Consumers' online time is fragmented, search scenarios are decreasing, passive consumption of content is increasing, and traffic is concentrated outside the site;
• Intense competition for on-site traffic (the overall bid in the market is getting higher and higher), and the cost of off-site traffic is relatively low; • In recent years, Amazon's efforts to promote brands have increased, brand building needs to expand the coverage of advertisements, and it is necessary to purchase from other non-e-commerce websites. Channels bring in more traffic.
●Analysis of off-site drainage methods ●
-Short-term promotion type-
Deal Station (Slickdeals) – The effect often depends on the strength of the discount, and it is not stable, and the weight of the deal order is low;
Influencers (Upfluence) – Influencers' cooperation and ability to bring goods are very important, and usually they also need to cooperate with discounts. If you do it well, you can quickly increase sales in a short time.
The above two are short-term stimulation methods. If you want to quickly increase the sales ranking, you can try it when you pull reviews or clear redundant inventory, you need to pay attention to channel quality, discount rate, return rate, and comprehensive ROI.
FB/Google advertising – covering a wide range of people, flexible delivery, and now there is Attribution to facilitate tracking results;
SD/DSP advertising – full coverage inside and outside the site, flexible placement, seamless connection between products on the site and flagship stores, the effect can be tracked throughout the process, and it is convenient for remarketing.
Display ads, DSP ads, and FB/Google ads are all based on crowds, but the biggest advantage of display ads and DSP ads is that they can be remarketed. Users can be attracted by placing product ads again, while FB/Google ads can only be used for drainage. Generally speaking, only when we combine drainage and remarketing can we achieve the best results.
Display advertising is a conventional promotion method to find people. If the target audience of the product itself is clear, it can always be called to attract traffic, or it can be warmed up for some major promotional activities.
The penetration of offline media is high, but the effect is difficult to track directly, and it is mostly used for product promotion. You can give priority to Amazon's official offline advertising channels, such as packaging boxes, trucks, express cabinets, etc. You can directly contact the official website to advertise, and the operation process will be simpler.
The offline media is mainly for product promotion or promotion, and it is more suitable for brands that already have a certain influence.
The following will give you a detailed explanation of the DSP advertising in the off-site drainage method.
●Detailed explanation and analysis of DSP advertising ●
(DSP system structure diagram)
-DSP Advertising Advantage-
1. DSP ads can be placed on a variety of media, and these media are the factors that cause time fragmentation. Through DSP, users can be reached in other media, which is well adapted to the trend of fragmentation of consumers' online time;
2. Compared with the CPC on the site, DSP advertisements can be customized from promotion materials to landing pages. Customization is not only conducive to improving the click-through rate of advertisements, but also helps users remember our own brand, and the promotion form is more flexible;
3. Covering a wide range of people, DSP advertisements can be placed not only on e-commerce websites, but also on other social media websites, with a larger traffic pool; fine-grained crowd portraits, such as Amazon DSP advertisements can be subdivided into those who have seen or bought some ASIN users;
4. DSP ads can work well with other types of ads.
-DSP Ad Funnel Model-
DSP advertising can reach consumers from the four levels in the figure above.
Wide reach of large traffic: people defined by LS (interest label) or DEMO (social attribute) are used to grow grass and promote products, so as to expand brand coverage and brand influence.
Precise drainage of small and medium flow:
1. According to the group defined by IM (30-day browsing of this category), it is used for accurate push;
2. The crowd defined by the ASIN of competing products is used to grab the traffic of the opponent.
Visitor recovery: People who have seen their own products but have not purchased them can harvest traffic a second time.
Brand Loyalty: Do in-brand remarketing and brand loyalty building for purchased users to improve the brand loyalty of purchased users.
Although Prime Day has passed this year, there will be peak seasons such as Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc. in the second half of the year. Only by preparing in advance can we plan ahead and seize the opportunity. Next, let's take a look at how DSP advertising plays in the peak season!
-Commonly used in peak season-
The peak season has two characteristics. First, the platform will build momentum, and the overall traffic of the platform will increase. Second, there are many promotions, which are easy to cause impulse purchases by consumers. Therefore, the logic of play during the peak season is different from the usual one. During the peak season, due to more impulsive consumption, the precise crowd is relatively less important. What is more important is to let more people know that our products are on discount and the discounts are very strong.
Generally speaking, during the peak season, we can warm up in advance, play a wave of advertisements in advance to reach the widest audience at the top of the funnel to attract new ones, and then cooperate with a part of accurate traffic drainage, and cooperate with more visitors Ads recovered. Because a lot of traffic comes in, there is a lot of loss. It is necessary to increase the efforts to retrieve visitors in order to improve the conversion efficiency of traffic.
Here are a few common tricks:
Lifestyle + In-market -> Flagship Store
We can divert people from the upper funnel to the flagship store. In terms of advertising materials, you can use the TOP products with better sales to improve the attractiveness; the flagship store can make some adjustments for the big promotion, increase the time consumers stay in the flagship store, reduce the bounce rate, and ultimately improve the overall conversion rate.
Before the big promotion: general crowd Blast -> flagship store (catch impulse consumption)
One or two weeks before the big promotion, a wave of advertisements can be launched for the general population, and the psychological improvement and transformation of consumers' impulse consumption can be used.
Before the Big Sale: OTT + Twitch Video (brainwashing brand memories)
In addition, before the big promotion, we can also put some OTT video ads to highlight our brand and discounts. If it's a game, you can also vote on Twitch. The advantage of the above two kinds of video advertisements is that users cannot skip them and must be forced to watch them, which is conducive to repeatedly brainwashing users to form memories.
After the big promotion: increase the remarketing of popular models, add Brandview→flagship store (catch the return traffic after the big promotion)
During the big promotion, some users may not catch up with the event. At this time, we can set up some return activities, maintain the discount for a period of time after the big promotion, and then digest the return traffic.
The above is the introduction of common off-site drainage methods and the sharing of strategy strategies. If you find it useful, please share it in the ticket circle or click to watch it, so as not to find it after swiping. (Amazon Advertising Tools free registration link:)