With the advent of holiday shopping season, Europe and the United States will usher in multiple shopping peaks. Due to the repeated epidemic, most people said they would continue to choose to shop online.
The next shopping nodes are Halloween, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, online Monday, Christmas, etc.
People’s shopping mood is also very high. A new survey of 1060 American consumers conducted by dealaid, an online shopping service platform, shows that people plan to spend about $974 on the festival, and 94% of people choose to shop on Amazon.
Amazon sellers have been actively preparing goods and are ready to do a good job in the shopping season. At the same time, they remind sellers that Amazon is a platform with high requirements for selling products. In the peak season, they should pay more attention to the safety of selection.
On Amazon, products are often “forcibly recalled” because of various security problems
Recently, “pacapet fluffy pink carpet” and “Yoh super soft purple carpet”, two carpets made in China and sold in Amazon, were forcibly recalled because the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) accused them of not meeting federal flammability standards and claimed that they had potential safety hazards.
Various product policies on Amazon are also updated from time to time
Recently, Amazon Europe has issued a notice on the products prohibited from selling lamps. The notice indicates that from October 1, 2021, transparent incandescent bulbs (15W, 25W, 40W, 60W, 65W, 70W, 75W and 100W), frosted incandescent lamps and halogen lamps (except socket types) R7, G9, GU5.3, G4 and Gy 6.35) will no longer be allowed to be sold and will be deleted from Amazon Europe. Further details will be updated later.
Product infringement is a big minefield on Amazon
Amazon’s infringement complaints occur from time to time. Once faced with complaints or lawsuits, the seller’s losses are also serious. The link becomes a dog, the sales authority is removed, and even the capital account is frozen.
The above are some selection cases and new policy reminders on Amazon. In fact, Amazon platform has clear provisions on contraband.
1. Alcohol: alcoholic beverages, liquor license
2. Animal products: Most live animals, such as pets, livestock or marine mammals; Illegal wildlife products; Insects and pests; Bear, lion, cat, dog, etc
3. An unauthorized copy that violates copyright or trademark rights
① Automobile, motor vehicle
② Used clothes and shoes
③ Adulterated and adulterated cosmetics, skin and head care products, expired and opened products cannot be sold
④ Currency, coins, cash equivalents, gift cards, counterfeit money, counterfeit paper money, such as bank bills, bonds and money orders, stocks and securities, equipment for manufacturing counterfeit money, retail shopping cards worth more than 2000 US dollars, gold, silver or other precious metal gold
4. Illicit drugs, drug appliances and dietary supplements
5. Electronic products designed to affect traffic signals, mobile phone unlocking devices, DVD copies without copyright protection, etc
6. Food and beverage: alcohol, prohibited animal products, adulterated, adulterated, expired products, including shark, dolphin, whale or dolphin meat
7. Gambling and lottery: lottery tickets, coin slot machines, slot machines can be converted into coins or money
8. Dangerous goods: fire extinguishers, black powder, explosive fuses, firecrackers, fireworks, smoke bombs, mercury products, Freon
9. Jewelry and Gemstones
10. Kindle accessories
11. Medical equipment and accessories: asthma inhaler, heart monitor, ultrasonic testing instrument
12. Others: pull down fence, crib, real estate or real estate, coupons, domain names, event tickets, such as concert tickets and sports event tickets
13. Automatic postage stamping machines and stamps, counterfeit stamps
14. Adult fun products, nude pictures, etc
15. Theft and lock picking equipment
16. Monitoring equipment
17. Tobacco and tobacco related products, cigarettes, cigars, electronic cigarettes, electronic cigars, etc
18. Weapons: Guns, ammunition, arms, gun accessories, knives, explosives, batons, bulletproof vests, electric shock guns
1. Medical products: relevant medical qualifications are required, such as FDA certification and class II medical license;
2. Food: food products are related to life safety and also have various certification requirements;
3. Liquid and powder: the transportation requirements of products are relatively high, and they are also sensitive products, which are easy to be detained for inspection;
4.Products with batteries: Products with batteries also belong to the key inspection objects of the customs, and there are many technical, after-sales and various certification requirements. More suitable for factory sellers with mature technology;
5. Dangerous products: such as flammable, explosive, gas carrying, charged, paste and chemical products, which need to solve various transportation and certification problems;
6. Infringing products, such as trademark infringement and copyright infringement products, as well as design patented products and industry monopoly products, are not recommended;
7. Products with political stance and violent and divisive color, such as Hong Kong Independence T-shirts;
8. Products detrimental to national image are not recommended, such as China spittoons.
The above are some selected minefields on Amazon. Sellers can refer to them by themselves. If novice sellers choose the Amazon platform, they still need to do more preparatory work. It is very important to understand the rules of the platform and avoid all kinds of contraband and dangerous goods. Don’t touch infringing products.