Being banned from a store operated by Amazon is the most common and one of the most feared situations for sellers, because if the ban cannot be lifted, it will mean that the results of the seller’s long-term efforts to operate will be wasted. In this article , Lizenzero will take Amazon Germany as an example to introduce how to solve it after the occurrence and how to prevent it in the early stage, hoping to provide you with some reference and help.
The seller's store has been closed, what should I do?
If your store has been banned, it is imperative to take the following steps:
1. Check the Amazon notification email to find the cause of the problem.
2. Solve the problem and file a store restoration appeal with Amazon.
3. If the first account is banned, please do not create a second account anyway, otherwise you will lose the opportunity to reactivate the first account.
For most cross-border e-commerce merchants, a blocked Amazon account will have a huge impact on their business and must be resolved as soon as possible. You can go to the mailbox to find out whether there is any relevant notification email to find the reason for the ban. If not, the merchant should consult Amazon customer service as soon as possible, communicate in a timely manner, and maintain a friendly communication attitude.
If you are still unable to unblock your account after several attempts, we recommend that you contact a lawyer to protect your legitimate rights and interests. At the same time, you can take appropriate preventive measures in advance for the common reasons for Amazon account closure to avoid account closure.
How should sellers prevent?
There are many reasons why a store is banned, but these reasons can be roughly divided into two categories: product-related and store-related.
Category 1: Commodity-related
1. Check whether the product you sell is on Amazon's banned list. If there is a banned product, please remove it as soon as possible to prevent the product from affecting your entire store.
2. Check whether the products you listed are infringing. For merchants who infringe copyright, design or trademark and other property rights, and sell fake products, Amazon will ban the merchant's account to protect the platform from property rights disputes.
3. Check whether the quality of the products you put on the shelves is consistent with the actual products. Buyers who shop online are often very concerned about whether the pictures they see on the product page are consistent with the actual products they bought. When the appearance and quality of the products do not match the pictures, they will It will cause problems such as bad reviews and returns. If Amazon finds that there are too many negative reviews and returns of the product, it will not only remove the product from the shelves, but may also seal the store in severe cases.
The second category: related to store certification
When your Amazon store lacks relevant certification, violates relevant policies or legal requirements, you will also face store bans. In order to prevent the store from being banned, you need to check the latest relevant news in the Amazon backend in time, and be familiar with the relevant laws and regulations of the site where the store is located. Here, take Amazon Germany as an example, to list some commonly used certification information:
Tax ID, tax certificate
German EPR certification
Among them, there are three types of EPR in Germany , namely packaging method, battery method and WEEE. Take the most common German "Packaging Law" as an example: the law stipulates that all businesses selling products to German end consumers are obliged to apply for packaging authorization from the binary recycling system and pay the corresponding fees. With the aim of protecting the environment and saving resources, these packaging materials will eventually be collected, sorted and recycled by a binary recycling system.
According to the requirements of the amendments to the German Packaging Act :
From July 1, 2022, e-commerce platforms such as Amazon are obliged to check the application for packaging authorization by merchants on their platforms. This also applies to merchants who use fulfillment services, such as Amazon's fulfillment service. If they fail to provide proof of fulfilling their obligations, the merchant will be banned from selling related products, the account will also be banned, and it will face a fine of up to 200,000 euros. For the detailed process of registering the German "Packaging Law" , you can check this article: the most detailed in history! E-commerce regulation will come into effect soon, is your German Packaging Law really registered?
At the same time, you can easily fulfill your legal obligations under the German Packaging Act through Lizenzero , the online platform of the binary recycling system Interseroh+ .
Finally, we also recommend that you do not put your eggs in one basket. For traders and sellers, they can also sell their products through other e-commerce platforms, thus preventing the situation where the products are nowhere to be sold after the Amazon account is blocked.