First of all, we need to understand what is the US CPSC?
CPSC is an important consumer rights protection agency in the United States. It is the abbreviation of Consumer Product Safety Committee, that is, Consumer Product Safety Association. Its responsibility is to protect the interests of consumers at large. Establish mandatory standards or bans for consumer products for which there are no standards to follow. Perform inspections on potentially hazardous products.
In March of this year, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) joined the U.S. customs declaration agency and became a participant in the U.S. government agency. It is on an equal footing with the government review, and added a new rule: Even if the imported goods pass the declaration, if the CPSC does not release it, they cannot For sale, it can only be backed up in the warehouse.
The main content of CPSC:
1. Establish uniform mandatory national standards in the United States.
2. Further standardize lead-containing toys.
3. A traceability label is attached to the toy.
4. Convert the voluntary standard ASTM F963 into a mandatory standard.
5. Implement mandatory third-party testing for certain children's products and control 6 phthalates in toys
The CPSIA regulations are divided into two parts, the first part involves "children's product safety", the second part involves "Consumer Product Safety Commission reform", and the first part is the CPC certification requirements for children's toys.
So what are the main contents of the US CPC certification test?
CPC generally needs to test two parts for children's toys: CPSIA (lead, phthalates) + ASTM F963 (toy test).
PS: Pay special attention to the fact that the testing laboratory must be a CPSC-accredited laboratory and hold the corresponding qualifications for the corresponding children's products, otherwise the test results and test reports will be invalid and will not be recognized by Amazon.
Basic requirements for CPC certificate:
1. The CPC certificate must be based on the test results of a third-party testing laboratory accredited by CPSC;
2. The CPC certificate is issued by the seller, and the third-party laboratory can provide assistance in drafting the CPC certificate;
3. Children's products must comply with all relevant safety rules and regulations;
4. Information to be included in the CPC certificate required by the normal export of children's products to the United States:
① Product information (name and description);
②All laws and regulations applicable to the product;
③ Information of the importer or manufacturer (in the United States): including name, address and telephone number;
④Contact information of the holder of the test result file supporting the certificate: name, address, email address and telephone number;
⑤Product production date and address, the production date must be in the year and month, and the address must be in the city;
⑥ Test time and address or test report on which the certificate is based;
⑦Information of third-party testing organization (laboratory accredited by CPSC): name, address, contact number.
US CPC certification process:
1. Confirm the product type and material (provide pictures or BOM)
2. Fill in the application form;
3. Select samples and send them;
4. The laboratory tests the samples;
5. Pass the test and issue a certificate/report;
If the test is not passed, please notify the rectification. After rectification and retesting, the certificate/report will be issued immediately after passing the test.
Cost: Assessed according to the material of the product
The main reasons for submitting CPC certificate and reporting Amazon audit failure:
It is generally caused by the following reasons:
1. The third-party testing laboratory does not have corresponding qualifications
That is, the testing laboratory of the CPC report may not be recognized by the CPSC, so Amazon does not recognize the test report (whether the laboratory has the accreditation of CPSC, you can check on the official website of CPSC);
2. The test items are inconsistent or incomplete, some materials have not been tested, and this color style has not been tested
There are several reasons for the whole reason. One is that the test items were not completed for some reasons during the laboratory test; the other is that there were mistakes in the sample test, resulting in some material points not being tested and displayed in the report; the third is The most likely problem is that CPC certification is not like some safety tests, which can be tested in series. Models with different colors must be tested separately. For example, if you only make a CPC report and certificate for a blue model, then the red model must be tested separately. This certificate and report cannot be used to prove compliance when the model is listed on Amazon. This requires special attention. Therefore, when the product has multiple color styles, it is necessary to test and report separately. Do not only make one color to save money. Style, if it is removed by Amazon, it will be a big loss because of small.
3. The necessary information for the CPC certificate is incomplete
The CPC certificate is also a common cause of problems. First of all, the information of the certificate is incomplete. The CPC certificate does not contain the necessary information such as the necessary information of the US importer, testing laboratory, testing time, production time and address;
4. The issuer of the CPC certificate is wrong
The fourth is the certificate issue. When we do many certifications, the testing laboratory issues the certificate, but the CPC certificate is different. The CPC certificate can only be issued and stamped by the applicant, not by the laboratory. The chapter of the laboratory, which is clearly pointed out in the CPSC requirements, the laboratory can only assist in the drafting and cannot be issued by the laboratory completely, otherwise the product will fail the audit.
5. The problem may lie in the product picture, and the traceability label is not properly
Traceability labeling has always been a problem on Amazon on children's toys. Many people do not know this. The testing laboratory does not understand or does not remind them in time. If the content of the label is not displayed in the CPC, it may lead to the failure of the CPC audit. Traceability labeling is an important point. Toys for children aged 12 and under must be affixed with distinguishable and strong labels and need to contain:
1. The name of the manufacturer or private labeler;
2. The place and date of manufacture of the product;
3. Details about the manufacturing process, such as batch or run numbers, or other identifying characteristics; and any other information to facilitate the determination of the specific origin of the product.
All tracking label information should be visible and legible. The information on the tracking label must match the manufacturer and other information in the report.
Our company is a professional testing laboratory, a formal laboratory accredited by CNAS, and is accredited by CPSC. It is also an Amazon recommended service provider. Our company has handled a large number of Amazon cases. For more information and requirements of Amazon CPC certification, please contact me For specific consultation. Li Gong l8938040l50