UL4200A Applicable Products
Consumer (household) products installed with lithium coin cells with a diameter of ≤32mm and a diameter greater than the height (but there may be additional supplementary requirements in some end product standards).
2. The main purpose (but not limited to) of the new requirements: to reduce the risk of accidental swallowing by children.
3.1 When the terminal product has a " battery that allows the user to move or replace " , the structure needs to meet the following requirements:
3.1.1 Use the probe 11 of IEC61032 to test, do not touch the battery. During inspection, enclosures that can be opened without the aid of a tool, or by hand with less than two independent consecutive movements, are evaluated for opening during inspection.
3.1.2 The product needs to be designed to prevent children from moving the battery:
A tool (e.g. screwdriver, coin) is required to open the battery compartment; or
· At least two separate and simultaneous movements are required to open the lid or door of the battery compartment by hand.
3.1.3 If the battery compartment lid or door is secured by screws or similar fasteners, the fasteners need to be captured on the lid or door.
3.2 When the product has a " battery that does not allow users to move or replace " , it needs to effectively prevent users or children from removing it, and the product should be designed to:
3.2.1 make the battery inaccessible by the case or similar means; or
3.2.2 Fully attach the battery by welding, rivets or the like.
4. Test requirements
4.1 Abuse Test:
· 3 drops for portable products and 10 drops for handheld products . Fall from a height of 1 meter to a horizontal hard board each time.
·The case or battery cavity cover and door shall be subjected to a 2J impact test, and the test shall be performed 3 times.
• Rolling Test: A force of 330N is applied to the exposed face for 10 seconds, the force is applied through a flat surface of approximately 100mm x 250mm .
· After testing a , b , c , apply a force of 45N through the test bar 11 of IEC 61032 for 10 seconds, the battery shall not become accessible. During detection, the battery compartment cover and door do not need to be opened and maintain normal function.
4.2 Installation firmness test: For the installation firmness of the " battery that does not allow users to move or replace " , use a hook and use an outward force of 20 N for 10 seconds, and the battery must not be separated.
While the new regulations have not yet been formally enforced, Amazon Australia has already published requirements for products containing coin or coin cells.
Content required <<<<
According to Amazon policy, products sold through Amazon.com that contain coin cells or coin cells must meet specified certification standards. To sell these items on Amazon, you must apply and submit the following information to electronics-safety@.au :
• Seller ID;
• A list of ASINs that you are applying to sell containing coin cells or coin cells;
• An image of the product's label (see below for relevant standards to be followed);
• A document issued by an officially recognized testing laboratory or agency certifying that the product has been tested and complies with the applicable criteria listed in the table below