Wuhan Xingqihang learned that according to the ranking of global e-commerce website visits in July released by Statista, Amazon still ranked first, with 5.6 billion visits in July, of which the United States and Europe were the most visited markets.
The second most visited is eBay, with nearly 3 billion visits in July; the third is Shopee, with 631.2 million visits in July; the fourth is Rakuten, with 590.8 million visits in July; Alibaba’s visits in July are 526.4 million times, ranking fifth.
Walmart ranked sixth with 514 million visits in July; Meikeduo ranked seventh with 447 million visits in July; Etsy ranked eighth with 397.5 million visits; Taobao ranked third and ninth with 333.1 million visits; Wildberries ranked Tenth, the number of visits was 279.8 million.
Amazon leads the market in the US, UK and Europe. In the US, Amazon topped the list with 2.7 billion visits in July. Amazon has 107 million visits in Europe and 400 million in the UK. eBay is the second most popular platform in all three marketplaces.
According to Statista, more than 2 billion people worldwide will be shopping online in 2020, with the increasing popularity of the Internet. In the same year, global online retail sales exceeded $4.2 trillion. More and more people use mobile devices to shop.
In 2019, app users accounted for about 42 percent of Amazon's smartphone visits, while those who visited made up the remaining 58 percent, according to ComScore. But these app users account for nearly 85 percent of their mobile time.
In 2018, Amazon app users spent an average of 12.8 billion minutes per month on the Amazon app, making the app much more likely to sell than browser users, who spent an average of 2.4 billion minutes on the website.